Crimean Mod

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.
andym

Crimean Mod

Post by andym »

I am looking at trying to make some scenarios for a Crimean War battle,now i know the time frames for the Waterloo and crimea are nearly 50 years apart ,but the weapons used arent too dissimilar from each other,so that should help.As for the terrain,i dont see any problems there,my only concern is the scale and size of units represented.Also being a total noob at this modding malarky have i bitten off more than i can chew?
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
jdew

RE: Crimean Mod

Post by jdew »

You should be able to create a Crimean War scenario or two. I think there was at least one at the old NiR Project site (now long gone). The BG system was fairly open and once you get the hang of editing the various files its not too terribly difficult. It can be a sizable bite initially, but its chewable.

If you haven't already, check this site

http://nap.phxsim.com

Articles (there's the info on reverse engineering in the list)

Downloads (many new battles)

andym

Post by andym »

cheers,i  shall have a peek.
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

The NIR Project produced quite a few Crimean War scenarios – including Alma, Balaclava, Inkerman and the Tchernaya - for Battleground Napoleon in Russia. I contacted Jean-Marie Barbier a few months ago at his website (http://www.nir-project.com/) and he sent me his Balaclava and Inkerman scenarios. Since then I have tweaked his scenarios with updated unit names, graphics and music.
“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”