CPU Doesn't send players in motion

Post bug reports, ask for tech support and general requests for help with getting Maximum-Football working in this forum. This is for official support on official versions. Reports based on public beta versions should go in the Public Beta forum.

Moderator: David Winter

Marauders

RE: CPU Doesn't send players in motion

Post by Marauders »

Well that would kinda suck if there was nothing we could do about it.

I agree.

But it is weird....like I said, sometimes it works (even coming across the formation).

It could have to do with other thing like old play code, speed of the machine, or something else.  The problem with this kind of thing is that if this was reported as an issue, and David could not reproduce it in game, he had nothing to go on for fixing it.  With so many things to do, he had to do the things that presented themselves more clearly or were urgent issue items first.   
Hampe

RE: CPU Doesn't send players in motion

Post by Hampe »

Ugh.....I watched two games yesterday trying to narrow this down a bit and didn't get anywhere.  The damn game keeps not showing the play called!  Argh!

It seems like it shows the name for every other play except the ones where the motion doesn't get completed.  It seems to happen less when the WR is going from left to right, but I know I've seen it work both ways.  It really shouldn't be this hard.....I've only got like 28 plays or something like that, and at least 10 of those are run plays.

I'll have some more time to look at it this weekend.

MjH

RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion

Post by MjH »

ORIGINAL: Hampe

Hmm......I still seem to have the problem with the CPU QB snapping the ball too early. 

I've seen this for quite some time (since v1) with the Hitch Pass from the I Formation in the default Canadian playbook. The running/full back (don't remember which) is supposed to go in motion to the far right side. When the CPU calls the play, it doesn't let the back go more than a few steps in motion, so when he receives the ball he's usually still in front of a bunch of defenders, resulting in an immediate tackle.

A short disclaimer -- I haven't had much time to play with the latest update, so I don't know if anything has changed due to it.

Mykal

RE: CPU Dpesn't send players in motion

Post by Mykal »

ORIGINAL: MjH

ORIGINAL: Hampe

Hmm......I still seem to have the problem with the CPU QB snapping the ball too early. 

I've seen this for quite some time (since v1) with the Hitch Pass from the I Formation in the default Canadian playbook. The running/full back (don't remember which) is supposed to go in motion to the far right side. When the CPU calls the play, it doesn't let the back go more than a few steps in motion, so when he receives the ball he's usually still in front of a bunch of defenders, resulting in an immediate tackle.

A short disclaimer -- I haven't had much time to play with the latest update, so I don't know if anything has changed due to it.

running under Canadian Rules, thats probarbly a time issue
theirs usually not much time to get your play off
so if the clock is running down the QB will snap the ball regardless of wether the Fb has completed his motion or not

try altering the play clock, say to 25 instead of 20, see if it still happens.

Return to “Maximum-Football Support”