Screenshots from Recent Gameplay

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

Old Coach

Screenshots from Recent Gameplay

Post by Old Coach »

A few screenshots from action in my Best of 1940 College league. Pictures are from Alabama playing at LSU in the rain. The Tide won 20-7.

Old Coach

Attachments
1940Action.jpg
1940Action.jpg (292.5 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Old Coach

RE: Screenshots from Recent Gameplay

Post by Old Coach »

And some random action shots from 1964 College League. Games shown are Alabama 27 at Georgia 6, Tennessee 14 vs Mississippi State 10 from Crump Stadium in Memphis and Georgia Tech 7 vs South Carolina 6 in Atlanta. Other action from 1964 includes:
Mississippi 31 Kentucky 18
Auburn 27 Houston 16
Florida 17 Clemson 16
Virginia Tech 14 Memphis State 6
LSU 31 Vanderbilt 7
Notre Dame 23 Army 7
Navy 16 Boston College 13
Miami 14 Syracuse 7
Florida State 34 Louisville 7

Old Coach

Attachments
1964Action.jpg
1964Action.jpg (396.49 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Frido1207

Post by Frido1207 »

Cool pics.
Lovely made uniforms (long sleeves, short socks etc).
Man i hope i get my own league started anytime soon.
Btw Oldcoach, which Playbooks are you using, & are they publicity avaiable?
BigSmooth

Post by BigSmooth »

Does UH run the veer?
Old Coach

Post by Old Coach »

The playbooks are my private stock from deep down in the bowels of my dungeon. They're not posted anywhere yet, but I will upload them to FBMAX or anywhere else convenient. Probably do that tomorrow night. Us old people have to go to bed early.
Old Coach

Post by Old Coach »

The Veer hadn't appeared yet in 1964. The Houston team runs an offense that includes the standard 2 WR I and 2 WR Splitback formation as well as the Power I and a variation of the Wing T. There are option-like plays in the playbook. Since MaxFB doesn't include option A.I. nor does it include an option pitch animation, we have to do the best we can to mimic the option. I'll make some screenshots from PDS mode and post them to show what I'm talking about.
Frido1207

Post by Frido1207 »

Ok thanks &  good night.
Have also go to bed now, as it is 1:40 a.m. here already. [;)]
Old Coach

Post by Old Coach »

# 12 for Alabama is Joe Willie Namath. He only threw 8 passes in the Georgia game. He completed 6 and had 2 TD's. The Bear sat him down and rested him and let Steve Sloan finish off the Dawgs. The Tide is undefeated with wins over Tulane 34-7, Mississippi State 21-7 and the win over Georgia. Next up are Commodes from Vanderbilt at Tuscaloosa. After that game they travel to Knoxville to play Tennessee. The Vols are 3-0 with wins over Virginia Tech 17-6, Auburn 21-7 and MSU 14-10. Next up for UT is Boston College at Neyland Stadium. It could be 4-0 Alabama vs 4-0 Tennessee.

In reality in 1964 when UT and Bama played, Bama was 4-0 and UT was 3-1. The difference is that in real life Auburn defeated Tennessee 3-0 at Legion Field. Bama won the real game against Tennessee 19-8. The Tide finished the regular season 10-0-0 while UT finished 4-5-1. If I have been successful in player rating editing, I should get a similar overall season result. The difficulty is in editing player ratings to mimic a team like 1964 UT that had a tremendous defense, but a very anemic offense. I think I'm getting closer with UT because the actual Mississippi State game was a 14-13 win for UT. My score was 14-10. The actual BC game was a 16-14 win for the Vols. We'll see what my results are when I cycle back around to playing with that league.

Old Coach
Old Coach

Post by Old Coach »

One other thing- in the Georgia Tech-South Carolina game, the Gamecock kicker missed the tying PAT and he missed a 36 yard FG to win the game with 3 seconds left on the clock. I think SC might be looking at a walk on to replace the guy. The names of the SC players are mostly made up names. I have a problem with naming my kicker Succup and my QB Smelley. Where did Spurrier find guys with names like that to play for him?

Old Coach
garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

Well, if you dont do something about UK, I 'know some guys' that live near you......my LJ crew
[;)]
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Kewl

I love seeing what others have done with the game
nice job man
Old Coach

Post by Old Coach »

Gary,
Sorry about UK but it is what it is. See their schedule below. After their last non-conference game with West Virginia, they play all SEC games. The 3 circled are potential smackdowns. They won the Indiana game when Dixon crossed the goal line as the clock was hitting 00:00. I can't explain their crummy performance against Louisville. The Red Birdies have lost to Memphis State 54-7 and Florida State 34-7.

Old Coach

Attachments
UKSchedule.jpg
UKSchedule.jpg (84.98 KiB) Viewed 95 times
BigSmooth

Post by BigSmooth »

ORIGINAL: Old Coach

The Veer hadn't appeared yet in 1964. The Houston team runs an offense that includes the standard 2 WR I and 2 WR Splitback formation as well as the Power I and a variation of the Wing T. There are option-like plays in the playbook. Since MaxFB doesn't include option A.I. nor does it include an option pitch animation, we have to do the best we can to mimic the option. I'll make some screenshots from PDS mode and post them to show what I'm talking about.

You are correct sir, I believe Bill Yeoman started using the veer offense in 1965. Man I miss the old Southwest Conference.
simmer

Post by simmer »

How are you able to keep putting numerous screen shots in one post. When I try to do it I receive a message that one picture at a time, so I have to keep doing new threads.
Old Coach

Post by Old Coach »

I use Paint Shop Pro 4 and paste 2 or 3 pictures on one image box. I save the new image as a JPEG file. The screenshots I included on the first 2 posts are multiple single screenshots pasted onto one image. I have also used MS paint but the final images to be posted often take up too much memory to be uploaded to this site. PSP 4 creates the image with 1/2 to 1/4 the memory used my MS Paint.

Old Coach
simmer

Post by simmer »

OK thanks Coach

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”