Question about combat resolution screen

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Canuck_jp

Question about combat resolution screen

Post by Canuck_jp »

Making another attempt to get into this game again. Let me reiterate- WORST.TUTORIAL.EVER.

I didn't see this mentioned in the manual, but I may have missed it. What does it mean when a soldier turns yellow in the combat resolution screen? Sometimes I see a white flag next to a soldier. I assume that is surrender casualty. But what do the little green bars indicate next to the soldiers?
Barthheart

RE: Question about combat resolution screen

Post by Barthheart »

When an icon turns yellow it means it has made a break through and has a chance for attacking rear area units. EG: Rifle, SMG ect are front line and Staff, guns etc. are rear area.

The white flag is a surrender casualty.

The green bars are like a health indicator. When it is gone the unit will either die or retreat.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Canuck_jp

Post by Canuck_jp »

Thanks for the quick answer! Another question-I'm sure this is in the manual but im too lazy to look.  What's the minimum action points a unit needs to have in order to be able to make an attack?
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

That I'm not sure of.... at least 10 I think. But it may depend on the terrain too.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Appren

Post by Appren »

Depends on the unit type and terrain, an armored unit on a road might be able to attack with just 20, while an infantry unit offroad could need well above 30, and a unit attacking over a river a lot more.
SSFSX17

Post by SSFSX17 »

A unit must have enough AP to move into the hex in order to attack it. There is also an AP penalty for moving next to or through hexes controlled by the enemy, which I believe is factored into the AP cost of attacking.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”