COG EE Review at the Wargamer - VISTA?

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

MacDuff

COG EE Review at the Wargamer - VISTA?

Post by MacDuff »

I just read through a review of COG EE at the Wargamer website http://www.wargamer.com/article/2582/cr ... on-preview

It's looking good. The one thing that puzzels me are the computer specs. Is this game compatible with VISTA?

Moltke71

RE: COG EE Review at the Wargamer - VISTA?

Post by Moltke71 »

Bzzzt!!! Wrong!!!

It's a preview. A review would be more in-deoth.
Jim Cobb
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Yes, it runs on Vista.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

So I saw a naval picture in the preview. Will you be posting more here soon?

Thanks,
Bill
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Not until the graphics are done. As you can see in that screenshot, the pennants are still filler graphics. We've gotten burned before by releasing beta graphics that then ended up on various websites and weren't taken down even when finished graphics were available, so we're holding off for now.

By the way, a screenshot of naval combat doesn't really do it justice, because you need to see the movement of the waves and ships to truly appreciate it.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
siRkid

Post by siRkid »

Gil,

Just to let you know CoG EE will be the next game I buy. Can't wait. Thanks for all the hard work.[&o]
Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Kid,

Did you play Forge of Freedom?
Jim Cobb
MacDuff

Post by MacDuff »

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

Bzzzt!!! Wrong!!!

It's a preview. A review would be more in-deoth.

You're right. By the time this game is released and you've done your review (the real one) I may even have a job earning money to buy it.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

I'm not absolutely sure I'll review it. Writing a review of a game one has previewed requires mental gymnastics, almost a mind wipe. I've done it but felt really odd about it. OTH, I'm coming down with a cold, am exhausted and truly depressed today about the economy so I could change my mind.
Jim Cobb
balto

Depressed?

Post by balto »

Drink beer.  Problem solved.
Moltke71

RE: Depressed?

Post by Moltke71 »

[;)] I would if my lower GI tract wasn't giving me fits.  Too many pieces written.
Jim Cobb

Return to “Crown of Glory”