Mod q's

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Mosby

Mod q's

Post by Mosby »

I've got some questions about all of the mods in this game. It seems like they really enhance the game...but there are quite a few to choose from and to be honest, they are all a bit confusing to me.

I've read some info about a couple of them, but I was wondering if y'all could explain the differences between them.
2ndACR

RE: Mod q's

Post by 2ndACR »

Empire's Ablaze has a enhanced Japanese. New ships, a/c etc. The Allies get new goodies too, but be advised. Japan starts with 20,000 PP's so alot more troops can be sent to the front faster.

RHS I have not played, but alot here do.

CHS (assorted versions) is the mod that RHS and EA are built off of.

Nikmod has enhanced flak and major changes to a/c stats. Flak is now a major concern.

Mosby

Post by Mosby »

I'm thinking that I'm going to be playing a lot of solo games to get the game down...especially because the Japs seem so hard to play. I saw that the CHS page said that the AI wouldn't be able to handle some of the changes they made...is it the same with the others?
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

I am playing the AI in a CHS game.  Works well but the AI cannot target Panama or Aden {which would have been difficult or impossible IRL anyway}.  As long as you don't do anything outlandish, CHS against the AI is fun.  A few tweaks in the editor and a couple of house rules help. 

Drop Hong Kong fortifications to at least 1.  I dropped them to 2 and Hong Kong is still in allied hands in FEB 43. 

Play MacA right and leave Manila.  I fortified Manila and it held out for a year.  Surrendered when out of supply.

Leave Percival incharge at Malaya.  Should make the Japanese run down the penninsula faster and allow quicker attack on Java.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”