CHS and resources, or economy 101

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

stldiver

CHS and resources, or economy 101

Post by stldiver »

Ok, I'm not an expert on economy but as only an allied player vs PBEM so far I have not needed to be.
Not wanting an indepth chart analysis, but some general wisdom in terms of the economy in CHS since I'm in
my first game and its a little different then stock.

My questions really only concern the US economy as I don't really care if those Samurai starve or not, I will beat them anyway[:D]

1) I believe a resource center produces resource and supply, thus 100 resource produces 100 rescource points and supply a turn correct?

2) In that vein I believe an oil center produces fuel and oil, thus 100 oil centers produces 100 oil and 100 fuel a turn correct?

3) HI, does 100 HI require 100 resource and 100 oil a turn to operate?

4) With the above in mind, in stock I had to send a tanker with oil from the US once every couple of months to keep australia going or about 12k
In CHS is that still the case or does it need more oil to operate?

5) India, I see aden produces oil, I assume I need to ship this to india, about how much a month does india need of outside oil, without Rangoon and Mandalay area. (I don't want to think about losing more)

6) Aden, It has HI and oil but doesn't appear to have resource, and it starts with damaged centers, do I import this from India, as it appears they have extra, thus the chain send oil to india, send resource to aden?

If anyone has the experiance answers please let me know.

Thanks
Showa rules!
rominet

RE: CHS and resources, or economy 101

Post by rominet »

1) A resource center (RC) of 100 produces 100 supply pts and 125 resource pts.

2) An oil center (OC) of 100 produces 600 oil pts (and 100 fuel pts only if it is a port).

3) YES

4) I think so but not sure.

5) I think it depends on your scenario. With the rules above, you should do your own calculus.

6) Yes, good idea, make commercial exchange between India and Aden.
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

Ship some oil to Australia.  It maximizes supply.

Ship oil from Aden to India.  I ship to the HI centers rather than just to karachi and let it flow.  There is wastage when going overland.  More importantly, you need to ship resources from India to Aden. 

I am currently keeping Aden low in supply by shipping the supplies to India.  Shipping resources to Aden maximizes supplies at Aden so I can keep lots of supplies flowing to India.  My goal is to have 999,999 supplies at all bases able to hold that much.  I am not sure it is really attainable, but a good goal for when your counter-attack begins to pick up steam. 

I am learning that fuel is another stumbling block and you need to have massives reserves in forward bases.  Having a lot of fuel at Pearl Harbor does not good when when a bombardment group at Baker Island sucked the island dry.  A pair {at least} of AO should follow every naval operation. 
Mistmatz

Post by Mistmatz »

Go get WitP tracker and a region file for CHS (probably included). There is a thread in the main forum regarding this tool. It will tell you exactely where you need what and how much of it.

It will also tell you a lot of other things you never dreamed of getting the information so easily.

Btw I don't hold shares, I'm just a very satisfied customer. [;)]
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

John Lansford

Post by John Lansford »

I have tanker convoys constantly running from the West Coast to Pearl Harbor,  West Coast to Noumea, and West Coast to Eniwetok.  I also send tankers to Australia but often they come from Noumea instead of the WC.  These TF's have as many as 10 tankers in them to keep the main bases well supplied with fuel.  Smaller tanker TF's take fuel from these bases to ones closer to the front.  In the Indian Ocean I run smaller tanker TF's to my bases at Medan, Andaman and Victoria Point, having cut off Rangoon after bypassing the city via amphibious assault.

So far I've not sent that many oil TF's to Australia even though it's 1944, and not seen much drop in supply/production in that country.  Should I send supplies of oil there, and to which port? Sydney? Melbourne?
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

Supply production at Australia does not decrease without oil, it makes a little more with oil.

Return to “The War Room”