Just Purchased

Panther Games' Highway to the Reich revolutionizes wargaming with its pausable, continuous time game play and advanced artificial intelligence. Command like a real General, under real time pressures to achieve real objectives on a real map all within the fog of war. Issue orders to your powerful AI controlled subordinates or take total control of every unit. Fight the world's most advanced AI opponent or match wits against your friends online or over a LAN. Highway to the Reich covers all four battles from Operation Market Garden, including Arnhem, Nijmegen, Eindhoven and the 30th Corps breakout from Neerpelt.

Moderator: Arjuna

Gerry4321

Just Purchased

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello:

A bit late I realize but I just ordered HTTR. Read a lot on the different operational games. Some of them seemed monstrous in terms of numbers of units and control required. So I am hoping this will be different. From the screenshots I have seen I must say I really like the graphics.

I used to play campaign games in ASL and have the 2 KG Peiper modules. So I am more interested in the Bulge game. I hope it comes to fruition.

Wondering if anyone has thought of getting to a point in an operational game like this and handing the resolution of a battle over to a tactical system like ASL or a tactical computer game? Would involve exchanging/converting data between systems but one would get the operational and tactical experience.

Take care,

Gerry
Arjuna

RE: Just Purchased

Post by Arjuna »

Gerry,

Welcome.

Battles from the Bulge is coming along. Check out the BFTB forum: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=414

Your suggestion to be able to resolve a particular aspect of an operational battle in a more tactical simulation could be done but would require a fair deal of work. Essentially, this is what the military aim to do with their HLA - hier level architecture - protocol for federating a suite of sims. Depending on the level of connectivity, this can be quite a deal of work. There are products out there like LVC Game that provide a bridge to HLA. This reduces the complexity of interfacing with HLA but still requires a lot of work. Perhaps if the military fund this we could look to providing a commercial solution. But don't hold your breath.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Gerry4321

RE: Just Purchased

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello Dave:
Thanks for the quick reply. Curious to see how I will like the game. This will be ca. the 4th computer game (first operational) I have purchased so I am hoping I will take to it. Enjoy the Ardennes.

Gerry

Return to “Highway to the Reich”