AE Conversion

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SargeantTex

AE Conversion

Post by SargeantTex »

I was just wondering if when AE comes out and you upload it do you have to have a certain patch for your stock WITP or if any version will work I have bought a new computer recently and my WITP from matrix games is 1.5 while the disk with my 1.64 comp patch is all screwed up and I cant upload. Will AE work with an earlier version or do you have to have the latest version. If so I have got to find some way to get 1.64 on a new disk have tried copying for some reason disk is damaged.
BPRE

RE: AE Conversion

Post by BPRE »

Hi,

I'm not connected to the AE team so I don't know the facts but I think that a reasonable guess is that they have tested AE with the latest available WitP patch which is 1.806. For that reason and because everything that has been fixed in WitP otherwise you should probably download 1.806.

You'll probably get a definitive answer from somebody else.

Regards
BPRE
SargeantTex

Post by SargeantTex »

I meant 1.806 I just realized with your post it was 1.806 I hope I can find a download of 1.806 looked on matrix games website they no longer have that comp patch will have to search the internet over for it.
goodboyladdie

Post by goodboyladdie »

ORIGINAL: SargeantTex

I meant 1.806 I just realized with your post it was 1.806 I hope I can find a download of 1.806 looked on matrix games website they no longer have that comp patch will have to search the internet over for it.

Here is the link to the patch. It is still on the site, but as in most "upgrades", more difficult to find...

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/294 ... he.Pacific

Art by the amazing Dixie
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

Actually 1.806 is NOT the last patch. Just the last patch YOU can get. I have been messing with 1.807 for over a year [:D]
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

AE has a separate install folder, all you need is a version of WitP installed.  It doesn't matter which version.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
mbatch729

Post by mbatch729 »

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

Actually 1.806 is NOT the last patch. Just the last patch YOU can get. I have been messing with 1.807 for over a year [:D]
It's a good thing this is a family forum, according to Erik. Otherwise you'd be getting called all kinds of nasty names...

[:D]
Later,
FC3(SW) Batch
USS Iowa
rhohltjr

Post by rhohltjr »

ORIGINAL: SargeantTex

I was just wondering if when AE comes out and you upload it do you have to have a certain patch for your stock WITP or if any version will work I have bought a new computer recently and my WITP from matrix games is 1.5 while the disk with my 1.64 comp patch is all screwed up and I cant upload. Will AE work with an earlier version or do you have to have the latest version. If so I have got to find some way to get 1.64 on a new disk have tried copying for some reason disk is damaged.

Relax SargeantTex, if AE exists, you only need Witp vs. 1.0 for it to work.

My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Mistake sorry.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”