British Withdraw

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Hawspipe

British Withdraw

Post by Hawspipe »

I don't really have a question I guess Iam just bitching. This is my first game, I am a newbie but decided to take on the big one from day one or should I say the 7th.
Anyway I know history says the Prince of Wales and Repulse got deep sixed in the first few days of the war. So I pulled out and brought them down to PM. and used the in my invasion of Rubal. Then the Brits asked for the withdrawal of 1 CL & 2 DD worth 500 PP. I pulled them out of the TF and sent them on their way to Karachi but then AI takes control of the whole TF and routes them right across the Pacific right through Indain country. I tried ro reroute them south out of danger but at the end of every turn they would be right back on straight arrow for SF.
When the TF left for SF the were almost out of fuel. I got tired of trying to help them get fuel and safe passage I fegured if the Brits want them so bad to hell with it, (How can ships out of fuel keep moving towards thier DH????????) They must of been rowing pertty hard when the Japs sank them all but a sixpack of DD's..... On Feb 1 I got charged a shitpot full of PP, I'm not sure who much I had in the war chest but I know they grabbed over 2 grand worth when the bill was 500 PP for 1 CL & 2DD's. Plus now that I paid for the ships I get to keep them but because of the computer they are all at the bottom of Davy Joanes locker. I feel like I have been screwed twice and never got a kiss.
Hey guys thanks for listing [:@]
Hawspipe
USS Cogswell DD 651
1956 to 1961
Barb

RE: British Withdraw

Post by Barb »

I think the TF has set San francisco as homeport.
Hawspipe

Post by Hawspipe »

I know it dose but I could not change it or even reroute it a different way
Hawspipe
USS Cogswell DD 651
1956 to 1961
Barb

Post by Barb »

Do you have some area under AI control? SEA? 
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

I learned the hard way that the PP cost listed for DD's if you don't withdraw them is for EACH DD.  I thought it would be 300 PP to keep the 2 DD's last month, but it was 600.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Hawspipe

Post by Hawspipe »

I think I got charged for the ones that got sunk too
Hawspipe
USS Cogswell DD 651
1956 to 1961
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

The game doesn't care if you have the ships, or if they were sunk.  If you give Churchill the ships requested, you don't pay the PP.  If you don't give Churchill his toys, you pay, no matter the reason why not. [:D]
Mike

Barb

Post by Barb »

You need to have have ships disbanded in Karachi (or SF). Then you will see a Withdraw button. You have to withdraw them personally.
As to why your ships tried to go to SF from indian ocian, I think AI got in charge of the TF - Computer control or not enough fuel to reach the destination. AI then try to return to homeport (SF).
Hawspipe

Post by Hawspipe »

I didn't relize they were being withdrawen intil about half way through Jan. so hey wouldn't of had time to arrive at any home port. But the computer only  asked for 1 CL & 2 DD's then took over the whole FT after I had pulled out the CL's & DD's then I had two TF's heading for S. I deffently gave the small TF Karachie's address and home port.
Well I hope Churchill happy. 
Hawspipe
USS Cogswell DD 651
1956 to 1961
Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

The computer routing the TF to SE Asia has nothing to do with the need to withdraw ships.

I suspect that you have SE Asia under computer control. If so, the computer thinks that the TF is it's responsibility and has some great need for the ships in SF.

If you don't have SE Asia under computer control, I would bet that some region is controled by the computer. If you have any regoin under computer control, expect it to take over individual TFs at any given moment and send then to some base that the route will be through the heart of enemy controled areas.
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
Hawspipe

Post by Hawspipe »

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

The computer routing the TF to SE Asia has nothing to do with the need to withdraw ships.

I suspect that you have SE Asia under computer control. If so, the computer thinks that the TF is it's responsibility and has some great need for the ships in SF.

If you don't have SE Asia under computer control, I would bet that some region is controled by the computer. If you have any regoin under computer control, expect it to take over individual TFs at any given moment and send then to some base that the route will be through the heart of enemy controled areas.

You hit it right on the head. SE, S & E was under my control but I pulled them out of Singapore and that I had under computer control so originally they belonged to the computer and it just took them back.

I want to thank all of you for your comments they are great and it really helps us just starting out. I hope someday I will be able to spout wisdom too. [&o]
Hawspipe
USS Cogswell DD 651
1956 to 1961
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Hawspipe

You hit it right on the head. SE, S & E was under my control but I pulled them out of Singapore and that I had under computer control so originally they belonged to the computer and it just took them back.

I want to thank all of you for your comments they are great and it really helps us just starting out. I hope someday I will be able to spout wisdom too. [&o]

Just proves that in every can of Spam, there is a nugget of real meat. [:D]
Mike

Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

ORIGINAL: USS America

Are you saying my posts are usually spam???? [&:][&:][&:]
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: USS America

Are you saying my posts are usually spam???? [&:][&:][&:]

Not at all, my friend. Take a look at my post count, where 90% of them were probably not "wisdom." [:D]

Your post was the nugget of real meat. [;)]

Edit: BTW, my current post count does not include 2800 - 3000 posts that have been lost in forum "updates." [:D]
Mike

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

[:D] Don't belive him! Mike is saying you SPAM , just as he called me stupid on the Thread! He obviously got up on the wrong side of bed this morning , and his taking it out on the poor forumites! [:D]
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

[:D] Don't belive him! Mike is saying you SPAM , just as he called me stupid on the Thread! He obviously got up on the wrong side of bed this morning , and his taking it out on the poor forumites! [:D]

[:D]
Mike

Return to “The War Room”