What is going on with this board?

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

MartNick

What is going on with this board?

Post by MartNick »

Have to say over the last couple of weeks the board is beginning to decline into a whine fest.

Can we please stop with the cheap shots, and let Matrix, Jason et al get on with the job in hand? I'm sure it is wasting their time, when they could be getting on implementing some of the excellent additions being offered up. I feel the focus of JTCS is being disrupted a little by all this.

By all means serious issues should be addressed but some of this stuff is really beginning to get old.
tide1212

RE: What is going on with this board?

Post by tide1212 »

A voice of reason and common sense..... Very refreshing sir
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Define serious and non relavent by the standards of Forum Rules, or Matrix Protocal
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

ORIGINAL: barker

Define serious and non relavent by the standards of Forum Rules, or Matrix Protocal

Why does the old army term chickensh*t keep coming into my head?[8|] It's either that or you sir, are a troll.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
MartNick

Post by MartNick »

It's the type of reply from Barker that I am talking about.

Sorry not my job to define anything, try taking it up with Matrix in a seperate thread and stop spamming the boards. And as The Plodder suggests your beginning to turn into a troll.

Kia Ora! The Plodder. Which part of Gods Zone are you in? [:)]
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

G'day mate, I'm in Napier on the North Island. Spent a few years in your neck of the woods too.[:)]
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
MartNick

Post by MartNick »

I only moved back to the UK last year. I'm beginning to miss the Kiwi way of life [:)]

Had some great times in Napier, especially at the numerous Vineyards. Anybody set fire to Te Mata peek recently? I was in town when those silly buggers rolled those burning tires down the slope.
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

I am not trolling if I was trolling I would be offshore catching King. To tell you the truth I don't care what you think of my issues with vista. Yhey maybe chickens*** in your opinion but very relevent to me. It really doesn't bother me if you speak of me in a bad light or terminology but you that breaks the rules of the forums so do what you will. Makes no difference to me.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Eagle Strike

Post by Eagle Strike »

Is it possible on this web site to block out someone's posts? In better terms any time an individual posts a message and/or replies to a message it will not show up on my screen?
Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

press the green button at the bottom of the offending poster's message.
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
Eagle Strike

Post by Eagle Strike »

Thank you Sir... a very handy option indeed.
ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

press the green button at the bottom of the offending poster's message.
Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)
Fierce

Post by Fierce »

Thank God for small miracles.
Now if everyone would just ignore barker he'll lose energy and slowly dissappear.
After all these years I still love the old tactical games.
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

you know that is fune no problem...amazing though that people that do have some issues get ignored on a forum that touts the ability to solve issues with a game......interesting. FYI I did manage to figure out what the issue was and have resolved from some techno people that is in the hardware end of my business. Problem is solved. But that still does not solve the matrix issue of support for vista with hardware requirements. There should be a disclaimer or something but I ain't anyone, I am just a consumer.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

you know that is fune no problem...amazing though that people that do have some issues get ignored on a forum that touts the ability to solve issues with a game......interesting. FYI I did manage to figure out what the issue was and have resolved from some techno people that is in the hardware end of my business. Problem is solved. But that still does not solve the matrix issue of support for vista with hardware requirements. There should be a disclaimer or something but I ain't anyone, I am just a consumer.

I AM glad to hear the tech problems have been solved for you, barker. That's great! There really isn't a need for a disclaimer, though, unless you're going to put such a disclaimer on every piece of software avilable for sale anywhere. Someone's hardware setup is going to clash with EVERY game out there.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

It was mainly a dual card setup....that is what the issues were, the direct X was conflicting with the driver software using classic theme. I know it sounds bad but once it was explained was very simple to correct. Prior to game startup disable one card and use the classic theme. Wam there it was.....So no issue with Vista, It would be nice if they , Matrix looked into it in the future. As technology grows and the software doesn't, there could be issues that can't be resolved. I honestly did not want to be a pain to anyone I just wanted this issue resolved no more and no less. now it has I can order the 4 other copies for my network. So the whole family can play. My wife doesn't understand the game but she plays anyways. It is a fun way to get the family exceited about history and such. So you see it was not just one copy of a game but other legit copies. So when I plunk 40 on a game it jacks up to 200 if it passes muster. and it has I did a test on the wireless network and it works.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

It was mainly a dual card setup....that is what the issues were, the direct X was conflicting with the driver software using classic theme. I know it sounds bad but once it was explained was very simple to correct. Prior to game startup disable one card and use the classic theme. Wam there it was.....So no issue with Vista, It would be nice if they , Matrix looked into it in the future. As technology grows and the software doesn't, there could be issues that can't be resolved. I honestly did not want to be a pain to anyone I just wanted this issue resolved no more and no less. now it has I can order the 4 other copies for my network. So the whole family can play. My wife doesn't understand the game but she plays anyways. It is a fun way to get the family exceited about history and such. So you see it was not just one copy of a game but other legit copies. So when I plunk 40 on a game it jacks up to 200 if it passes muster. and it has I did a test on the wireless network and it works.
From what you say it sounds like it was an issue with Vista and graphic drivers, not the game. It's nothing bad that the game has to be run in the classic theme. There are plenty of game published by Microsoft that require that too... it is not Matrix fault that MS chose to break compatibility with previous Windows versions.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Like I said it was a dual card sli setup. using Nvidia. There are no issues. SO please keep the bad statements down even though some are very funny, My wife had to laugh and ask WTF...I just looked at her and shrugged.

Happy Gaming

By the way My SS Panzer division led by me and one sone are whopping the American Tankd Division with 2 Inf Reg reups....She got a kick out of the horse races though...great work guys
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
MartNick

Post by MartNick »

So no complaint to the BBB and the FCC then?

Good to hear your up and running. Perhaps after all the posts, making Jason's life a misery, a little acknowledgement that it was your problem and not Matrix, might be a nice gesture. A little humility goes a long way [;)]
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

You know something there could have been more info on the requirements sheet but i ain't going to start any crap. I am just going to enjoy the game. They said they did not test on SLI Nvidia setups. But I have a perl script that disables one card and shoots the display to what it needs to be. Still in the future it would be nice as technology grows they test for such general instance as dual card setups and network compatibility. Any hoo it is fixed.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: MartNick

So no complaint to the BBB and the FCC then?

Good to hear your up and running. Perhaps after all the posts, making Jason's life a misery, a little acknowledgement that it was your problem and not Matrix, might be a nice gesture. A little humility goes a long way [;)]

I totally agree with you MN.
I've even read his reply to this and see it would have been a waste of time to write something myself.
He'll never admit his wrongs? He'll only minimize them with other complaints. Humility is not in these cards? [8|]

RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”