Odds and Ends

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

MrRoadrunner

RE: Patch Issues.

Post by MrRoadrunner »

Part V, the three Musketeers:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/v2/play.php?id=120042

RR [:'(]
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
andym

Post by andym »

ORIGINAL: 1925frank

I can hear Ralph Cramden yelling, "To the moon!"

Ermmmmm,who is he then??????
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Ralph Cramden was a TV character in the 1950s series "The Honeymooners" played by Jackie Gleason. He was always threatening to knock his wife, Alyce, through the ceiling with a sweeping right hook. When making the upward swing, he'd shout, "To the moon!" The moon was presumably where he expected his wife's head to land after he'd socked her a good one. According to the laugh tracks, this apparently was an extraordinary bit of humor back in the 1950s. Jackie Gleason kind of looked liked a more youthful Mussolini when doing so. His jaw would be set, and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head. Alyce always looked totally indifferent to his threats.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

I'll leave when I have more posts than someone that's been here over 8 years!!!! (Barker)[X(][X(][X(][:D][:D][:D]
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
big dawg

Post by big dawg »

Ed, I just spit out my ice cream after watching part V.

NICE!
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

cute
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

http://www.grapheine.com/classiktv/index.php?module=see&lang=fr&code=fbdfea7e97ca8892483fd4d5e2891d76

Hell or high water, I'm bound and determined to enjoy both my game and this forum.
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Those were wonderful, Andy!

Or as Lawrence Welk would say, "Wunnerfull, wunnerfull, wunnerfull."

andym

Post by andym »

Or as Lawrence Welk would say, "Wunnerfull, wunnerfull, wunnerfull."

You know what my next question is dont you?[:D][:D][:D][:D]
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Certainly.

Lawrence Welk was a big band leader who, despite the fact big band music went out of favor in the 1940s, had a television program that was on every Saturday night and which aired well into the 1970s. For those of us who had parents or grandparents who loved big band music, the Lawrence Welk Show was a must see. For those of us cutting our teeth on the Beatles, it was the absolute longest hour of the week -- even longer than the hour in church. Every moment was an eternity.

Lawrence Welk had a big band, but I'm not sure his music would qualify as big band music. It was very tame stuff.

After some beauty or some beau would sing some really lame song, the audience, which always consisted of a bunch of white-haired folks who looked like they could topple over at any moment, would applaud politely, and Lawrence Welk would comment, "Wunnerfull, wunnerfull, wunnderfull!" Even Lawrence Welk looked like he was about to fall asleep as he mumbled these words of approval.
andym

Post by andym »

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Part VI, they start to question THE Barker:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=119e895a6ee845ea325f06ef6742c2a4

RR
[:D] I am honored to finally hold a starring role in one of your fine films.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Arctic Blast, I'm surprised you haven't been the subject of a video sooner. Your moniker is a reference to your fun-loving nature in the far north, isn't it?

Okay, here's my contribution to the Arctic Blast selection:

http://www.grapheine.com/classiktv/inde ... 8b58643a81
cw58

Post by cw58 »

Certainly.

Lawrence Welk was a big band leader who, despite the fact big band music went out of favor in the 1940s, had a television program that was on every Saturday night and which aired well into the 1970s. For those of us who had parents or grandparents who loved big band music, the Lawrence Welk Show was a must see. For those of us cutting our teeth on the Beatles, it was the absolute longest hour of the week -- even longer than the hour in church. Every moment was an eternity.

Lawrence Welk had a big band, but I'm not sure his music would qualify as big band music. It was very tame stuff.

After some beauty or some beau would sing some really lame song, the audience, which always consisted of a bunch of white-haired folks who looked like they could topple over at any moment, would applaud politely, and Lawrence Welk would comment, "Wunnerfull, wunnerfull, wunnderfull!" Even Lawrence Welk looked like he was about to fall asleep as he mumbled these words of approval.

LOL. Boy, do I remember him. I had a great aunt from Wisconsin who came to visit my family in California. I was about 10 and she was about 180. She loved Lawrence Welk and wanted all of us to watch it with her. Talk about child abuse! [;)]
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

cw58 -- Having to stay in the room, to sit quietly (so everyone could hear), and to watch the show was part the routine.  It didn't matter if it was the parent or the grandparent, you simply had to sit there with them while they enjoyed the show.  Neither my siblings nor I ever found a howl or scream of defiance that worked, and indirect methods, such as a feigned need to go to the bathroom, did not work either.  The Lennon (or Lemon?) Sisters were always supposedly a real treat.

I guess Lawrence Welk was the Beatles or the Jimi Hendrix of our parents and grandparents.
big dawg

Post by big dawg »

Deano,

Another classic!!!
andym

Post by andym »

The Lennon (or Lemon?) Sisters were always supposedly a real treat.

You know whats coming dont you?[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”