Oh Russia

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

Mosby

Oh Russia

Post by Mosby »

I can see why people would've been afraid of Russian troops in WW1, there were sooo many, but I'm having such a hard time getting them to do anything.

Any tips?
JBa

RE: Oh Russia

Post by JBa »

In the AAR there is strategy for Russian advance into Armenia with around 10 corps, inconjunction with Anglo/French thrust across desert from Alexandria and 2 corp landing at Galipoli.

I have been have sucess against computer with Russian initial drive on Lemburg/Przemysl forts, and Tranopol, Czernowitz.

JBa

Post by JBa »

ILCK

Post by ILCK »

ORIGINAL: Mosby

I can see why people would've been afraid of Russian troops in WW1, there were sooo many, but I'm having such a hard time getting them to do anything.

Any tips?

Their offensive points are like gold. Do not waste them. I tend to bundle up as many Russian hexes as possible so one HQ can activate as many units as possible around it to get the most effect.

Don't forget that cav, stacked with INF can advance into an enemy hex w/o an offensive being declared. The Russians have a lot of cav, use it to chew up empty land in the east.

I tend to make one push for the Russians and mass the bulk of their HQ's there. They don't have enough points to spread across the whole eastern front so I tend to drive on Krakow or Danzig but not both.

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”