(game started) World War III - East vs West: Game III

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

Grymme

(game started) World War III - East vs West: Game III

Post by Grymme »

There was to many players that wanted to play game II so we start recruiting for a third game,

The scenario can be seen in the World War III -project thread and can be downloaded from the scenariobank

This is a scenario in testing. However we have played it one time already and there doesnt seem to be any gamebreaking bugs. Players who particiopate shoule be communicative, able to play their turn in 48 hrs (or less) and willing to discuss the scenario on the forum and/or participate in a common AAR.

The playable regimes are:

NATO - OPEN
USSR - OPEN
PDRC - OPEN
USA - (taken by GrumpyMel)

I will also be in the game.
My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
Grymme

(open places) World War III - East vs West: Game III -

Post by Grymme »

Bumping this thread. Is there any more interested players?

Appren

RE: (open places) World War III - East vs West: Game III -

Post by Appren »

I could do USSR I guess, not tried this scenario yet.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

In case you find absolutely noone, I would join. Dont have anything to do in WAW-game, because Japan is not yet involved. And now that I know how to use the AWACs ... (can avoid all the mistakes in this game I do in the other WW3 game).

But, guys, I would only join if there are no other interested players. Which would be a pity. I can tell you from my first steps in the already running WW3-game that it is an intersting scenario and it is fun to play. Great work that Grymme did here.
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

Hi

Ill put up Appren as USSR. Rufus: I will wait a couple of days. And if no one else shows interest i will put you up as PDRC/NATO. So if no one is interested you will have the choice between NATO & PDRC (i think people underestimate how fun it will be to play the last one.)

I will play the one that is chosen last.

So far we have...

NATO - OPEN
USSR - Appren
PDRC - OPEN
USA - Grumpymel.

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

@Grymme:
Yes, that is just what I thought. Maybe some players get interested when reading AAR of second WW3 game. Have continued the AAR.
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

I am bumbing this thread a last time.

My plan is that if no one else shows interest we will start the game (with Rufus) on friday. I will set it of as NATO. After that i am going to Greece for a couple of days. But i would be back in time for the game to reach me.

So you could send me your email in the meantime.

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Watch out Appren, NATO sends its master spy Grymme to the balkan. [X(]

If you see someone there with a large trenchcoat, wearing a hat and sunglasses, looking cool with his cigarette in one hand and a glas of of whiskey in the other, this is not a tourist on holidays [:-], it is Grymme (so here is a picture of him like he looks when he is on duty: [8D] ). Be aware of the little spy camera in his sunglasses. It makes a silent click each time he twinkles his eyes.

Maybe you manage to catch him at the border between Greece and Bulgaria before he can spot out Warshaw Pact units there. [:D]
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

:)

The game is on with the following players.

NATO - Grymme
USSR - Apren
PDRC - Rufusthefirefly
USA -Grumpymel

First turn sent to Apren.

Highlights of NATO first turn.

- Skirmishes in Northern Finland.
- NATO airstrikes & heavy armoured action clears roads to Berlin. Only light elements enter the city though.
- Airstrike takes out bridge close to Kaliningrad
-  North of Budapest an infantrycorps & an engineer corps heavily damaged by NATO armours.
- In bulgaria USSR infantrycorps, border brigades & artillery corps wiped out. NATO doesnt enter Varna.
- AWACS recon entire black sea & Caucasus area. 1 AWACS shot down over Poland.
- West African & South africa joins NATO. Namibia & Zimbabwe join USSR.

Appren

Post by Appren »

USSR commanders are caught unprepared, but at least Berlin was captured.
RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Turn China done and file send to grumpymel (USA). Only some unit movements and some airstrikes on US army group in Korea. No land battles so far.
GrumpyMel

Post by GrumpyMel »

USA Turn 1 Done and on to NATO.

A few Naval engagements this turn. Soviet submarine fleets off Florida and Somalia are sunk with all hands. 2 Chinese submarine fleets off of Korea also engaged and heavly damaged. Other then that just some minor bombardments, nothing terribly exciting.

Putting together an AAR but I won't start posting till a few turns down the road, so as to keep intel from being compromised.

GrumpyMel

Post by GrumpyMel »

USA Turn 2 done and sent to NATO.

Some bombing raids in various hotspots and a little ground combat between Israel and Syria. Nothing else terribly exciting.

Had AT crash on my most of the way through my turn....so I had to restart.  Replayed it with the exact same moves upto that point (had got through everything except Asia).... results were pretty close to the same....bigest difference was Cairo was less of a slag heap the 2nd time around...but I didn't loose any stealths.  (before the crash I pretty much had Cairo knocked out..but it cost 2 stealths.) 
Appren

Post by Appren »

Soviet allies in Africa, The Middle East and Cuba have serious issues, and our generals fear that they will fail soon, lazy nekulturnij savages all of them!
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

hmmm... so where is the game at?

GrumpyMel

Post by GrumpyMel »

Just got the turn from Rufus (PDRC) tonight....I have just completed it (USA) and sent it on to you (NATO).

Some highlights.....

- The Syrian Army has mostly been knocked out of the war as the IDF destroyed most of it while taking Damascus this turn.

- Havanna and Addis Abeba are feeling some "shock n awe" these days, as US air and naval bombardments are in the process of turning them into giant rubble piles.

- The Soviet 1st Airborne north of Kabul was surrounded and wiped out by Afghan fighters.

- A major portion of the Siberian submarine force is lying on the bottom of the Sea of Japan after it attempted to inflitrate Nagasaki harbor to stage a sneak attack against the well protected 7th Fleet. The 7th sortied out and sunk some of the survivors on it's turn.

- The Sea of Japan is seeing even more scrap metal these days....in the form of Chinese Mig's flying sorties against Korea and Taipei, in what is becoming known as "Operation Turkey Shoot", although Taipei has sustained some damage...the PDRC flyboys are paying a major price for it.

- Another major development in Asia. North Korea joins the war alongside the PDRC. However in the opening salvo, it is stopped cold at the DMZ by the ROK 2nd Division....the attacking forces suffer heavy casualties as they are rebuffed. Even more losses are sustained by North Korea and PDRC forces along the DMZ as a large US air-strike this turn catches enemy infantry, armor and artillery in it's corsshairs while they are massing for attack.

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

China turn 4 completed and send.

Burmesian liberation forces were successful in attacking the revisionistic imperialistic forces of the USA. North Korean units supported by their brothers of PDRC drove back the traitorous troops of south Korea.

Unfortunately Chinese air recon suffered heavy losses over the south Korean sea.
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

NATO turn 5 done

Soviet special forces landed in important roads in Germany and Prague retaken by USSR during their turn.

Highlights of my turn.
- The battle of the highway Hamburg surpasses the battle of Kursk as the biggest armoured encounter in history. 3 amoured corps from the 1st Bundeswehr heavily supported by airforces and infantry sqare of against parts of the USSR Tanks guard army. Some 15 USSR tanks are destroyed at a high cost of infantry & 5 tanks for NATO. Several heavy armoured battalions destroyed.
- the USSR is standing outside Vienna on four sides.
- Prague is captured again by NATO forces heavy casualties on both sides.
- NATO strategic bombers encounter USSR fighters and is crippled.
- Finnish army retreats.
- South african airforce starts strategic bombardment of namibia.
- Losses of Infantry high for NATO. A lot of production switched from airforce to infantry.

RufusTFirefly

Post by RufusTFirefly »

China turn 5 done and send.

In Burma Chinese troops forced US units to retreat. In Korea China lost several fighters and bombers due to massive concentration of US fighters. In Korean sea some Chinese subs get lost.

An attack on US units ended without success. Several Chinese and North Korean units got lost while US had only few losses.
GrumpyMel

Post by GrumpyMel »

USA Turn 5 Done and sent on to NATO.

- Egypt largely knocked out of the War as well, as both the Suez Canal and Cairo have fallen to the IDF, Iraqi oil siezed as well. Very few Pact formations left in the Middle-East.

- All of Cuba and Latin America now controlled by USA.

- In Korea, a massive air strike against the forces besieging Seuol results in tremendous amounts of PDRC and North Korean casualties and equipment destroyed. US AirForce is unscathed.

- Burma is under heavy pressure but still holding.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”