more news about COG:EE?

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

jnpoint

more news about COG:EE?

Post by jnpoint »

I'm really looking forward to the new game, but can't we see some new schreenshots or hear some interesting news?
FOF was an improvement of COG and I think/hope the new COG is even better, and that combined with the longer timespan, makes this game very interesting!!
morganbj

RE: more news about COG:EE?

Post by morganbj »

Gil posted a few screenies of the new map here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1853198

The final versions of some of the other new things are still not quite finalized, at least not officially, but they should be before too long.  I'm sure that Gil, or someone else from matrix, will post them when they're ready for viewing.

Most things will be quite familiar to COG players, but there will be some very obvious differences, as well.  To tease you a little, there will also be some glaring differences that will blow you away, I think.

But, I don't think I can say more than that.  Be patient.  It's coming.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

Yes, I have seen them, and read all the posts I could find about the game. Yes, I am a little impatient, I know [:)]. Maybe there could be some AAR? or is that only used, when the game is finished?
Reiryc

Post by Reiryc »

I'd also like to see some more news...

Also, what quarter do you project to have this done so I can give you my money?  [:)]
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Sorry, no new news, but here are some general bits of info. Pixelpusher's almost done with the naval combat graphics, which means that most (or perhaps all?) of the new graphics will be ready. Very little new coding of any sort is being done, with our emphasis instead being placed on game balance and debugging. We also need to test the new scenarios.

We're still projecting the 3rd Quarter.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

Hey guys, Gil let the cat out of the bag, but let me tell you, the naval combat graphics are just OUTSTANDING.  Pixelpusher does great work!  Excellent work!  Excellent!

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

I'll believe that - big fan of Pixelpusher's work.
Can't wait to see it...!
regards,

Briny
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

I am right now in Europe (in a Dunkin' Donuts internet cafe on Potsdamer Platz in Berlin), but once I am back at my regular post I will see what I can do about getting some more screenshots out.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
BShaftoe

Post by BShaftoe »

I don't know if in the end there have been improvements to naval combat.

I'd like very much a screenshot of it, if that's the case.
BShaftoe
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

all of the extras are not added in yet for Naval HW (for artwork), so we have been asked to hold off on showing anything about it

But, will say NHW is fun, some of the wind states and weather can make a battle really interesting, lots of goodies in there
BShaftoe

Post by BShaftoe »

Thanks for the answer!!
BShaftoe
balto

Is Thanksgiving the Release Date?

Post by balto »

So is Thanksgiving about the time you were thinking of releasing this?  Just wondering so I can schedule my leave from work in advance.  
Gil R.

RE: Is Thanksgiving the Release Date?

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: balto

So is Thanksgiving about the time you were thinking of releasing this?  Just wondering so I can schedule my leave from work in advance.  

Roughly. In about two weeks we'll know if the game will be out pre-Thanksgiving. Right now that's possible, though experience shows that all sorts of things can cause delays. But if nothing unforeseen happens, we have a good shot. I'll update you as we reach the critical steps leading up to being able to go gold.
balto

Thank you

Post by balto »

I got the Napolean thing going on in my mind, after I became interested in COG:EE. So I bought Commander-NAW. Knd of neat, rules are easy. But I am really looking forward to COG:EE.

Thanks again for heads up.
Maulet

RE: Thank you

Post by Maulet »

any new for the release date?
Gil R.

RE: Thank you

Post by Gil R. »

Still waiting on ship graphics. The manual is getting close to finished, though, which is good news. Can't release a game without a manual! Still a few coding kinks, but nothing that should delay release, assuming we have ships and a manual.

Return to “Crown of Glory”