Minnesota Vikings

A forum for discussion of real world football leagues, teams, players, and coaches.

Moderator: David Winter

Marauders

Minnesota Vikings

Post by Marauders »

All of the pre-season hype made me almost puke. The Vikings brought in a few high profile players, but the same coaching staff remained.

The Vikings started out the season with a game against the Packers on Monday Night Football. They came out flat, were out coached, and were out-played.

So much for all the hype.

Mykal

RE: Minnesota Vikings

Post by Mykal »

Yep, watched it

Tavaris Jackson threw the ball around like a cheerleader [:'(]
dreamtheatervt

Post by dreamtheatervt »

I can solve the Vikes problems...run the Wishbone.  You got A.P. and Chester Taylor at TB, Tapeh at FB, and a mobile QB.  Eat up the clock on O so that beast DL doesn't wear down.
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

I just don't buy Jackson as a starting QB, though that ridiculous group of receivers doesn't help. Seriously...Bernard Berrian? He was a contract year guy, and even THEN he dropped a ton of passes, and can't run a short route to save his life. I like Sidney Rice, but Bobby Wade's nothing special, and why they signed Visanthe Shiancoe, expecting him to be the pass catcher he never was with New York, is beyond me.

Also doesn't help that Bryant McKinnie is suspended.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

I liked the pick up of Bernard Berrian as a deep threat, but he is having problems with his injured feet once again.  A deep threat that can't run isn't much of a deep threat.

Bobby Wade is nothing special and overpaid.

Shiancoe is a bust.

Shaggyra

Post by Shaggyra »

GO BEARS!!!!![:D]
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra

GO BEARS!!!!![:D]

Oh man, hahahahahahaha "go bears" on a vikings thread
hope you've got ya' running cleats on
Shaggyra

Post by Shaggyra »

I'm not here to cause no trouble,

I'm just here to do the Superbowl Shuffle!

[:'(]
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Heh!

The Bears looked good against the Colts.

The Colts will likely pick apart the Vikings loose zone coverage this Sunday.

On a side note, when the Vikings picked up Jared Allen, I stated that he was able to get many sacks not only because of his ability to rush but also because of the way Kansas City overloaded the side and stunted.  If the Vikings would play him in a vanilla zone defense, he would not do as well.  The Vikings used Allen in a mostly vanilla zone last Monday night, and he was shut down.
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra

I'm not here to cause no trouble,

I'm just here to do the Superbowl Shuffle!

[:'(]

Hahahahahahahaha...............
Thats just to funny

forget them running cleats, your gonna need turbo charged cleats I think now
mbsports

Post by mbsports »

Well I'll tell you this - I'm a Detroiter so I can tell you that I think Adrian Peterson gets about 500 yards rushing agianst Detroit this year.

The Detroit Lions are the reason for the invention of fantasy football - at least I still have SOMEONE to root for since they're such a piece of )*&#@H every single year.

1 playoff win in 50 years - that's a sin

The Lions are a total joke and disaster, if you're from here you almost want the whole franchise to move to Los Angeles and we'll just take an expansion team someday because this is just totally a joke.  Matt Millen and the team of clowns he has working with him are the worst talent evaluators in the history of the NFL.  My MBFL strategy is partially dedicated towards getting rid of real life Detroit Lions players.
MBFL - MB Sports Net - Simulated NFL, AFL, CFL, NFL-E
quixian

Post by quixian »

One of my friends pointed out a poll on one of the sports news sites last week that asked the question - Will Tarvaris Jackson throw more TDs than Jared Allen will get sacks?  I went with Allen, and still think he will win that derby.  [:D]

Mykal

Post by Mykal »

ORIGINAL: mbsports

Well I'll tell you this - I'm a Detroiter so I can tell you that I think Adrian Peterson gets about 500 yards rushing agianst Detroit this year.

The Detroit Lions are the reason for the invention of fantasy football - at least I still have SOMEONE to root for since they're such a piece of )*&#@H every single year.

The Lions are a total joke and disaster, if you're from here you almost want the whole franchise to move to Los Angeles and we'll just take an expansion team someday because this is just totally a joke.  Matt Millen and the team of clowns he has working with him are the worst talent evaluators in the history of the NFL.  My MBFL strategy is partially dedicated towards getting rid of real life Detroit Lions players.
Oooooh........... someones not a happy camper[;)]
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

ORIGINAL: mbsports

Yeah, that is...I mean, that team is just bad. Good receivers (and after all those damn picks, they had BETTER have good ones), I like Kevin Smith at running back...the line's okay. That defense, though, aside from Sims, is just awful. This of course brings up the eternal question...how does Matt Millen still have a job???
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Lacking that final punch
Vikings should really have killed off the Colts early on
but they let 'em hang around and Payton made 'em pay
mbsports

Post by mbsports »

Vikes'll be alright they should be about 8-8 or 9-7 in this division.  The Lions are going to make a strong run at the perfect 0-16 season.

I hope they make it, maybe that will be the impetus towards change that is needed in the organization.
MBFL - MB Sports Net - Simulated NFL, AFL, CFL, NFL-E
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Well my Jags aint started much better MB

although our O=line has taken some major hits with injuries
and left us having to sign free agents to fill the roster out

Vinny Manawai - out for the season with ACL

Mo Williams out with a torn bicep

and the big shocker Richard Collier having been shot and in critical condition
although he said to be stable, he's still not out of the woods yet.
big blow to team moral just before the season satarted
Arctic Blast

Post by Arctic Blast »

Aaaah, a fellow Jags fans. Yeah, we're done. Absolutely done. I don't think any team can have so many offensive linemen go down and really hope to play well, especially when that team is as run dependent as Jacksonville is. Also, I dunno, I get the impression a few of the guys maybe bought in to all the preseason hype, because they don't seem to be playing with the same level of urgency that they've displayed the past couple of years.

Minnesota will be fine...once they get a legit quarterback.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Minnesota will be fine...once they get a legit quarterback.

Perhaps if they get a real offensive coordinator and a special teams coach.

Hmmm, maybe they should get a different head coach while they are at it.

DAWUSS

Post by DAWUSS »

I'm a Chiefs fan, and I'm already having to rely on MFB just to get me through the season...

Return to “The Red Zone!”