What does it take to get support

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
sterckxe

RE: What does it take to get support

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: barker
So is this an Official Matrix Support Problem......VISTA with the display issues, install issues etc?

Yup, as I thought, attitude problem [8|]

You could have simply asked for pointers/suggestions/tweaks to get it running in Vista - and in case you overlooked it : this is not the Matrix Support Forum, it's a gamer to gamer forum where any sort of technical problem with your rig can be brought up, but which seems to attract all sort of support problems for which this is *not* the correct forum.

I usually have no problem in helping people along here by pointing them in the right direction, but in your case I'm willing to make an exception.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
what if

Post by what if »

Hi

Hate to spoil a party but this thread is how to get official support ie what's the best approach - I don't want it turning into a slagging match!!

How do you get in touch with Eric, is he the director of tech support? - this is the last email I got from tech support on the 7th of August

Hi 
Please assist this customer and CC us on all correspondence to them, thanks[/align] [/align][font=verdana][font=verdana]

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Director Of Customer Support

Matrix Games:

150-L Greaves Lane
Suite 463
Staten Island, New York 10308
United States
[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]- haven't got a clue who they sent it to - anybody know?[/font]
[/font]
[/font][/align]
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

That was the point I was trying to get at...I trued several times as well and no response.....it isn't an attitude you said it did not say vista..i just stated it did and showed you is all.....no attitude
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

I can pretty will fuddle my way through stuff but there is times when Officialk support is required no harm intended
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

here is the question I did post

Attachments
matrix.jpg
matrix.jpg (74.88 KiB) Viewed 134 times
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
what if

Post by what if »

Fair dues - I just want my games again - that's all, then I will go away quite happily and promise never to disturb anybody ever, ever again!!
Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: what if

Fair dues - I just want my games again - that's all, then I will go away quite happily and promise never to disturb anybody ever, ever again!!

I pm'd Erik this morning to check this. I understand he has been out. It may help if you sent him a PM.

I honestly can't figure out why it is not working for you (retrieving your order). I go to the store, then click the order status button and enter my email (that I purchased the game with) and then the last 5 of the credit card (that I purchased the game with). Note, even if your email changed, use the one you used when you bought the game. I have not had as much luck using the findmyorder.com link they give, but the order status link through the store works every time.

Barker: Interesting screenshot. I looked at the entry in the store and it did not show Vista. Thanks for pointing that one out. Anyway, Vista has been a mess for all but JTCS does work under it. I have had to tweak all kinds of stuff to get them to work. Until I just got sick and tired of it and went back to XP.
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

i know the feeling..i had no issues with FoF or JTBG or even AGEOD...just JTCS...the point i was trying to get at and not to torque anyone is that I posed questions to the Matrix Tech Support and got nothing...they tweak JTCS every other day that you don't know what is changed or the like. I know in programming you do one thing in a line of code in a 100,000 line form and something is not right it snowballs. Especially if the tweaks are done by non official matrix support. In my past experience with software, companies do not honor the support if certain files have been touched.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Terl

Post by Terl »

All in all I find the folks here, both gamers and staff, to be very supportive and helpful. Yeah, we all have our moments and as both gamers and history buffs combined we get passionate about what we think a game should be or do. I also own JTCS and I am very happy with it and have no problems at all, but, I probably look for different things in a game. I could care less if the OOB is 100% dead on or even if history is followed exactly. I just look for fun and challenge [:)]

I did see where you had some well thought out suggestions and also a couple where you may have been a bit harsh (insofar as no one can see facial expressions or detect mood via forum posts). I believe the folks that work with JTCS, though possibly not professional programmers as you may desire them to be, are still doing the best they can. I also know this forum is not the same as some others. I find that Stardock does this bit very well and they have very active participation in their forums and respond to ideas and complaints in a different way than here. I like both though.

If you really want to have some fun, go to some Harpoon forums [:)] Great game and some passionate well informed fans. I get so lost reading them sometimes what with the acronyms and equipment names... I was Army and even that was 20 years ago (yikes [X(] )

One last thought, in a couple places you may have seen to PM Erik...the guy's the best service-wise. [;)]
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

they tweak JTCS every other day that you don't know what is changed or the like.

There have been four updates (including the pending 1.04 update), 1.03 was huge, beyond huge even. The next being sheduled for 2010 or 2011.

Every other day?

You are not required to update, they are optional.

In my past experience with software, companies do not honor the support if certain files have been touched.

These are official updates, so this is not an issue.

Jason Petho

marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

I would like to here from Matrix Technical Support if you will I bought the software from them. I would appreciate it. Thank you for the response but again you do not work for Matrix
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Jason, when my system gets CTD from turn 3 on a DCG that is when enough is enough. I bought this game early in august. Had issues with it. There has been how many updates since then. 1.03 1.04a 1.04b Maual Updates etc. It is on the personal updates. If you click update on the main screen nothing happens. To me there is some disconnect. Not saying you did anything wrong but like I said in previous post there is a time when Matrix needs to step in and take care of its customer base. MATRIX is the sole company responsible not jason and the beta brigade. There are several issues that they need to address. I noticed there is a no refund policy so that is out of the question. So I expect the technical support that is sold with the software. I have legitimate issues with compatibility and clearly it states it is compatible. Also they really need to look at the logistics as to how to properly update software and revise paper copies. Forums is a great source for user inspired scenario, little tweaks that make the game more enjoyable bu not a beta test team that drives a software direction without accepting the good things as well as the bad.

It has been my experience in programming and yes I am a CAD Programmer in C++ as well as basic and UNIX. You have to have a game plan and have it in place with well thought out benchmarks as well as action plans that drive what does and does not get updated. All i wanted was just ask a few simple questions.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

There has been how many updates since then. 1.03 1.04a 1.04b Maual Updates etc.

1.03 UPDATE was an official update.

1.04a and 1.04b are BETA updates, essentially previews of what is coming with 1.04.

1.04 UPDATE has not officially been released and hence it doesn't work with the "UPDATE" button on the main menu. When it is, it should.

Jason Petho
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

So that will be 4 updates in a month....ok not every day but everyweek on avg.....
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

So that will be 4 updates in a month....ok not every day but everyweek on avg.....

"Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" - John Wayne

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Flickjax

Post by Flickjax »

Regarding my issue, i have emailed support yesterday morning, no reply as yet. I will try and talk with Eric via a PM.
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Is it stupid to ask for a service that you purchase with a product? Ok....buy something at walmart for 39.00...it doesn't work...or you have to take it apart to tweak something....then take it apart again...put it back together....a month goes by you go and try to take it back after you have taken it apart or broken the seals if you will...will they take it back or give you a refund or say sorry you have voided the warranty by trying to fix it yourself? Now another instance is it stupid when you buy an extended service plan...expect service on that plan and never get it...stupid for the consumer or the company?

I take great offense by the quote from you as referring me as stupid, for one thing dude, I write computer programs for an aerospace company, I make hellacious money, I also do technical support for CAD software, I jumped out of airplanes and dodged death from above is that stupid?

Is it stuupid to expect a reasonable amount of service with a purchase?
Is it stupid to expect help from a highly touted customer service freindly company?
Is it stupid to keep doing this trying to get a response from a company that probably will not answer your technical questions concerning products that you purchase?

It is one thing to villify me for expecting what I purchase and a totally different when you call me stupid.....this is a freindly forum and I am not going to justify my actions to users who thinks that hteir the gods of a forum or the quintessential authority on a particular software platform.....what type of degree  or degreees do you have anyways?
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Though not my field of responsibility, I will bump this issues up to the people in charge. Sorry.
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

Is it stupid to ask for a service that you purchase with a product?

Let's recap :

1) This is the tech user-to-user forum.
2) At the top it says "For official support, read this message"
3) Someone comes in here arrogantly demanding "support" for something that at best can be described as whining about features that aren't in a particular game. He fails to produce even a single *technical* question, even after getting asked repeatedly.

Calling someone like that simply dumb is giving him the benefit of the doubt ... you're kindly invited to Usenet's unmoderated war-historical newsgroup where I'll tell you *exactly* what I think you are.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Are you a poaid technical consultant on contract with matrix? I noticed in other threads within this same forum Matrix Official support is there so why not with my vista issues
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”