Wanted - Brave Jap CHS Opponent - CLOSED

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

aussem

Wanted - Brave Jap CHS Opponent - CLOSED

Post by aussem »

Just finished 'upgrading' to CHS, was an interesting exercise.......I think I will wait until AE comes out before I commit to a single turn based game.......so, in the interim, I would like to suggest the following game:

AB extended map, CHS 2.08, scen.155
3 day turns

PDU on

Allied Sub Doc - Off Japanese Sub Doc - Off
Auto Sub - Off Advanced Weather - On

Allied Damage Control - On December 7 Surprise - On
Non Historic Start - On

Can give orders to forces on open sea, plus forces in China, plus can form TFs in Singapore (Force Z was already formed when war started).

In MHO (my humble opinion) life is too short. I love the game, but I can't justify playing a game that could take as long to play as the actual event that it is simulating. Even if we did two turns a day......with some inevitable days or weeks with no turns (holidays, sickness, work - life even).......it would still be years before we could say we gave the game a good shake.......also, why would we want to micro manage things down to a daily basis.......I think that 2 or 3 day turns could help to abstract a few things.......and put a little more emphasis on the strategic side of things, or even just a little more operational planning.

So, please somebody, let's give this a go......we will be one of the few that have.......might be an interesting AAR?

Besides.......if we really hate it......we can ditch it when AE comes out. :)
aussem

Question on 'Alternative Maps'

Post by aussem »

Have tried to add some "WIF'" style maps.......but they don't seem to load.

When I downloaded these standard and extended 'alternative' maps the instructions mentioned that the new map files needed to be "installed"........but, the download only contained .bmp files.......no batch file installer and no direction as to what directory/folder the files should be copied to?

So, I have placed all the new .bmp files in the 'game file', "ART" and "MapMod" folders.......and ran the last "modselect.bat" file........and loaded the AB Extended with CHS art file.......still no joy.

Can any body tell me what I am doing wrong?
VSWG

RE: Question on 'Alternative Maps'

Post by VSWG »

Copy the .bmp files into the ART folder, without running modselect.bat.

Return to “Opponents wanted”