PBEM Replay

Commander – Europe at War Gold is the first in a series of high level turn based strategy games. The first game spans WW2, allowing players to control the axis or allied forces through the entire war in the European Theatre.
El Condoro

PBEM Replay

Post by El Condoro »

Are there plans to incorporate a REAL PBEM replay function in CEAW?

I love the game; it's simple to play and yet difficult to master (I haven't done so), but for me the real beauty is in playing against a human opponent.

However, the PBEM replay is terrible IMO - the red dots and arrows are totally inadequate.

How did the unit that is represented now by a red dot die? What was it anyway? What and how many enemy units were involved in destroying it? Where did they go afterwards? And many other questions that a field commander would at least have a reaosnable chance of answering are left frustratingly unanswered.

When a 10+ year old DOS-based game like Panzer General II has a respectable replay function, why can't a good modern game like CEAW?

Next version? Upgrade? No plans to do so?

Thanks.
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord
El Condoro

RE: PBEM Replay

Post by El Condoro »

Can I assume this one is in the too-hard basket?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm afraid so - the system was just not designed for this type of thing.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
El Condoro

Post by El Condoro »

It won't stop me from playing this game - it is too much fun against human opponents - but it's very disappointing that it fails in this area. Perhaps it's because it has been developed in Java? As I said, 10+ year old DOS games had a replay so this seems really strange, at least to me.

Anyway, I'll get over it. :)

Return to “Commander - Europe at War Gold”