Greatest Store Bought Gaming Rig

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

2ndACR

Greatest Store Bought Gaming Rig

Post by 2ndACR »

I had a motherboard toast out, so prowled around.........Got a Gatway FX4710-UB003A from BestBuy for 1100.00. I have to say that it is by far the best store bought gaming rig around. So quiet it is scary. Ran Crysis at the highest settings with no lag what so ever.

Intel Core 2 Quad at 2.50ghz
6GB RAM DDR2 dual channel
Vista 64bit
Nvidia 9800GT w/512mb
640GB harddrive

If you need a new rig and can afford it, I cannot say enough about it.

Greybriar

RE: Greatest Store Bought Gaming Rig

Post by Greybriar »

That sounds like a really good deal. If I hadn't purchased a new PC a year ago I would definitely consider buying it.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

It is a excellent PC.......of course that 1100.00 was just for the desktop. I had everything else.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

Oddly enough I treated myself to a virtually identical spec PC a month or so ago (the only differences being a rather more humble 4GB of RAM and 32 bit Vista), £749 from 'PC World' (UK). I've always bought custom jobs before, but I'm a huge fan of Hewlett Packard's PDAs so thought I'd give a desktop a go as this time I couldn't really afford any sort of 'gaming rig'. Performance is excellent with everything I've thrown at it, I love the multimedia stuff and setting up was a totally painless experience. The price differential is finally coming down compared with US sold-stuff as well, it's still more but not that much more when you account for the VAT.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I could use that 640 GB HD. My little 90 GB is so full I can't do a complete defrag.[:(]
ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

I had a motherboard toast out, so prowled around.........Got a Gatway FX4710-UB003A from BestBuy for 1100.00. I have to say that it is by far the best store bought gaming rig around. So quiet it is scary. Ran Crysis at the highest settings with no lag what so ever.

Vista 64bit
Nvidia 9800GT w/512mb
640GB harddrive

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Newegg.com has a 640 gig Western Digital SATA drive for $84

I've got one installed (along with a 300 gig Velociraptor drive and a 750 gig Western Digital drive).

Why so much? I rip a lot of DVD movies, do a lot of music and video editing, and collect historical game simulations so I'll use it all.

Storage is so cheap these days that there is no reason not to do an upgrade. SATA drives are so easy to swap out too that anyone can do it (just keep yourself grounded and watchout for static electricity when handling computer components).

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

I could use that 640 GB HD. My little 90 GB is so full I can't do a complete defrag.[:(]
ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Vista 64bit
Nvidia 9800GT w/512mb
640GB harddrive

Signature? Maybe someday over the rainbow.
105mm Howitzer

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

Non-SATA 40 GB drive....I'm up the s...t's creek with no paddle.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

ORIGINAL: 105mm Howitzer

Non-SATA 40 GB drive....I'm up the s...t's creek with no paddle.

Try

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145212

which gives you a 250 gig IDE drive for about $54
Signature? Maybe someday over the rainbow.
Joshuba

Post by Joshuba »

I think that if you would have a basic search online ....you would find some material on that……may be a guide or a e-book……but in my opinion the best way to master a game is to play it on an on and the experience you have against your competitors will be the ultimate resource of learning. You can always play the game online and learn from that. There is dominoes game which is a good online portal for dominoes players to make them more advanced with games against different players around the globe.

Post by JAMiAM »

Joshuba is a spammer for this Online Dominoes site.

Return to “General Discussion”