Re-Activating Combat Animations

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

JVSFugitive

Re-Activating Combat Animations

Post by JVSFugitive »

I am playing a pbem game in which I initially turned of the combat animations. I turned combat animations back on through the settings GUI but when replaying the combat file, the animations did not happen.

Leads me to believe the settings are saved in the saved game file. Is their a way to edit the file manually to re-enable?
n01487477

RE: Re-Activating Combat Animations

Post by n01487477 »

No, there is no way to manually edit the file...

If you have this problem, make sure that on the Map view preferences the animations are on, end the turn, and the next time you get it back from your PBEM partner it should work fine. Make sure he checks this setting too ...
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

No, there is no way to manually edit the file...

If you have this problem, make sure that on the Map view preferences the animations are on, end the turn, and the next time you get it back from your PBEM partner it should work fine. Make sure he checks this setting too ...

...yes, both players must have these settings turned on.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

ORIGINAL: JVSFugitive

I am playing a pbem game in which I initially turned of the combat animations. I turned combat animations back on through the settings GUI but when replaying the combat file, the animations did not happen.

Leads me to believe the settings are saved in the saved game file. Is their a way to edit the file manually to re-enable?

Are you the Jap? His setting are the ones that matter and it takes a turn before they take effect.
JVSFugitive

Post by JVSFugitive »

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

ORIGINAL: JVSFugitive

Are you the Jap? His setting are the ones that matter and it takes a turn before they take effect.
Yes I am the Japanese player. I will ask my opponent, thanks.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

It is Not the setting GUI that you need to worry about, it is the preferences once the turn is loaded on the map screen, and if you set them, he should get the same, but get him to check it anyway ...
Bogo Mil

Post by Bogo Mil »

I had the same problem in my game against Drew. I (Japs) turned off combat animations for some testing against the AI, then I did my turn and forgot to undo the change. This turn we both didn't have combat animations, and it was impossible to activate them again (at least we didn't manage to do so). But then I made the next turn with animations set to on, and they came back the next turn.

Thus I think it works this way: Allied settings are ignored, and changes in the Japanese settings won't have any effect before the next turn.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”