Zhukov's war

War in Russia is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
PaxMondo

RE: Zhukov's war

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: kingtiger_501

I can have 55 fighter wings x 229 = 12595 fighters.

Then the VVS decides to fly it will be 1 bloody battle

Ahhh ... 229 is the limit. I was always curious about that.
Pax
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Ahhh ... 229 is the limit. I was always curious about that. I knew it was something over 200, just wasn't sure of hte exact number ...
Pax
Tom1939

Post by Tom1939 »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Ahhh ... 229 is the limit. I was always curious about that. I knew it was something over 200, just wasn't sure of hte exact number ...

It works like this: if the airwing is under 200 you get reinforcement if you have the pool for it (and replacement level is 100). If your pool is at least 1000 from that plane you get 30 planes per week (if not only 10). This way the max is 229.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Tom1939

It works like this: if the airwing is under 200 you get reinforcement if you have the pool for it (and replacement level is 100). If your pool is at least 1000 from that plane you get 30 planes per week (if not only 10). This way the max is 229.
Very good info that I had not known before. I saw some reference once that replacements were 10 or 30, but not how it was determined. THANKS!
Pax
Tom1939

Post by Tom1939 »

VVS has deployed some la7 in the south. We await Luftwaffe's response...
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

Clear

The Luftwaffle has attacked and bombed 1 of the 3 Soviet airfields. The Luftwaffle has retreated behind a light fighter defence.
Tom1939

Post by Tom1939 »

The coward Luftwaffe fled, so we bombed Budapest (lol, the town I live in). Ground troops easily captured the town after the biggest vvs bomber support ever.
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

Budapest is no longer a city, its a large hole in Europe.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Ouch.  That's a loss of a good factory. 

And Tom, [:-] shame on you for cratering your neighbor's garden plot like that.    At least wait until the tomatoes have been harvested!  [:D]
Pax
Tom1939

Post by Tom1939 »

On the last clear week of the summer a single tank army countered near Budapest cuting of 2 panzer korpses. We counted on rain, but snow came at the end of the week. Our 10 best la7 gives cap to our troops. If they can held back the Luftwaffe, the panzers will suffer, if not one tank army will leave the battle order.
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

Possum is proving itself to be a bug ridden disaster that should never ever be played. I would strongly suggest never to play with this mod.

German korps are not completing there full plotting movements. It seems that after a static attack the plotting string is cleared forcing the unit to stop all its action there.

Heaps of tests have been done and it is not a OP, failed attack, or any other issue. Its a bug

What to do?

How do I move armor up to attack if it decides to stop its orders when it likes? All the Soviets will need is 1 divisions korps to encircle my most powerful forces.

Last week we encircled 1 Soviet armie and inflicted about 250 squads to the Soviets. We had 9 INF divisions smashed and our entire armored force of 2000 panzers encircled. A very very bold Soviet attack was launched to get this result and they had no recon what so ever. This Soviet attack would of failed if my plots worked correctly.( we tested this with tom and we confirmed it is a bug not a plotting error)

Tom has offered to play the turn again but what good is that for me?

He knows my troop positions and his very brave attack would of result in 1 tank armie and 4 INF korps losses for the Soviets if my troops were in correct position.
How is this gonna stop this plotting bug happening again?
Panzers is all I have to attack the Soviets with but they will be encircled every time when used if plotting orders are not followed.

Zerberus_MatrixForum

Post by Zerberus_MatrixForum »

I'm not sure, wether this is really a bug or at least a special bug of the possum version. Also in the standard version you will have problems with your plots after static attacks. I'm not absolutely sure, but it seems to me, that further plots after a static attack are depending on the success of the attack. When you are suffering to much losses, than the further plots are cancelled.
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

I'm not sure, wether this is really a bug or at least a special bug of the possum version. Also in the standard version you will have problems with your plots after static attacks. I'm not absolutely sure, but it seems to me, that further plots after a static attack are depending on the success of the attack. When you are suffering to much losses, than the further plots are cancelled.

Have you ever had a static attack stopped in its track due to heavy losses?
Define heavy losses?
I'm 100% aware that the 1st static attack has to get a retreat in order for the 2nd to work.

Tom1939

Post by Tom1939 »

Possum is proving itself to be a bug ridden disaster that should never ever be played. I would strongly suggest never to play with this mod.

German korps are not completing there full plotting movements. It seems that after a static attack the plotting string is cleared forcing the unit to stop all its action there.

Heaps of tests have been done and it is not a OP, failed attack, or any other issue. Its a bug

What to do?

How do I move armor up to attack if it decides to stop its orders when it likes? All the Soviets will need is 1 divisions korps to encircle my most powerful forces.

Last week we encircled 1 Soviet armie and inflicted about 250 squads to the Soviets. We had 9 INF divisions smashed and our entire armored force of 2000 panzers encircled. A very very bold Soviet attack was launched to get this result and they had no recon what so ever. This Soviet attack would of failed if my plots worked correctly.( we tested this with tom and we confirmed it is a bug not a plotting error)

Tom has offered to play the turn again but what good is that for me?

He knows my troop positions and his very brave attack would of result in 1 tank armie and 4 INF korps losses for the Soviets if my troops were in correct position.
How is this gonna stop this plotting bug happening again?
Panzers is all I have to attack the Soviets with but they will be encircled every time when used if plotting orders are not followed.

I think only chance is this stuff happens because of low oil. We did not test that yet, we have to go back before Ploesti was captured for that. It can be some hard coded penalty on germans for 44. It is not in the rulebook, but much has changed over time. My recon showed only a 2 div panzer korps as backup, so I sent in a weak tank army excepting a 50-50 chance (losing meaning one tank army gone). I run into another unspotted panzer korps which was weak as well. I thought this is a trap for 3 tank armies, that is why I sent only one. I thought from battle reports that max 1 strong panzer korps will be encircled and air will deceide battle. With this bug/bad rule I encirled all his panzers in the area.... That is not a trap, that is suicide. Kingtiger sadly does not do that kind of thing on its own.
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

To clear thing up a little....

Our attack in question was launched with safty as its 1st objective in mind. We scaled down our attack and jump off positions to ensure NO Pz korps had any chance of being encircled. The ruslts were far from this.

Where the problem lies is that after 2 Pz korps attacked a Soviet armie 1 Pz korps advanced into the hex while the 2nd Pz korps was to move 1 hex on its 5th plot to cover its exposed flank. This move never took place resulting in the easy encirclement of my panzers in this area.

2nd pz korps plot 331s4

Another supporting Pz korps had the same fate attacking 18 Soviet tanks getting very high odds and suffering close to no losses. After the static attack its 4th and 5th plotted moves did not happen.

plot 66s44

It seems to me that somewhere the game is concidering German victories to be defeats for korps that have attacked with a static attack. This seems to clear all the korps remaining plots.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

I think only chance is this stuff happens because of low oil. We did not test that yet, we have to go back before Ploesti was captured for that. It can be some hard coded penalty on germans for 44. It is not in the rulebook, but much has changed over time.
The lack of oil is in the rulebook, but not very clear on the exact effects. Certainly lack of oil would limit your movement. Maybe you only get 3 movement points with 60% oil? Mod the savegame to give BERLIN 60 oil and replay that turn. If the moves work, then you know it is an oil limitation....
Pax
Tom1939

Post by Tom1939 »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

I think only chance is this stuff happens because of low oil. We did not test that yet, we have to go back before Ploesti was captured for that. It can be some hard coded penalty on germans for 44. It is not in the rulebook, but much has changed over time.
The lack of oil is in the rulebook, but not very clear on the exact effects. Certainly lack of oil would limit your movement. Maybe you only get 3 movement points with 60% oil? Mod the savegame to give BERLIN 60 oil and replay that turn. If the moves work, then you know it is an oil limitation....

I cant edit like that, I dont think kingtiger can... Can anyone?
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Won't WIREDIT work? I use it on SP games all the time. Load up the savegame, edit BERLIN resources to make it +60 oil and then save. Fire it up and see what happens. At least I think you can do this. I've never changed oil for a city before, but unit comp's etc, all the time.
Pax
Zerberus_MatrixForum

Post by Zerberus_MatrixForum »

Well, I don't think, that the oil is the key. With this reason all plots should fail, not only the plots with static attacks.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Ahhh ... good point.
Pax

Return to “War In Russia: The Matrix Edition”