Interface suggestion

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

zook08

Interface suggestion

Post by zook08 »

I'm playing a large random game with lots of production and I'm thinking about how the task of shuffling subformations from one unit to another could be made easier. Often you build planes or ships that are being put in land formations in the HQ or the port city. Now you have to create a new unit, assign a HQ and then transfer the SF to it. That takes about twelve clicks if I'm not mistaken. What I'd like is a button, maybe next to the SF's name or picture, that would automate this, i.e. place this SF in a new counter with only one click. Perhaps it should also automatically assign it to the nearest HQ. In a game like I just play, that alone would save hundreds of clicks.
Jeffrey H.

RE: Interface suggestion

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Yes.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Yes yes. [;)]
british exil

Post by british exil »

Would be nice if there was an undo button for transfering troops. I just hate it when I realize I've just transfered troops to the wrong unit.
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
serg3d1

Post by serg3d1 »

I suggest to make HQs tree of supply more accessible.
What I'd suggest - graphical representation
left column - cites and a raw representing their production fields (name cold be shortened)
right columns - HQs and a raw representing subordinate units and HQs (all HQ, and  units if there is enough place in the row)
Cites on the left connected with HQ on the right by straight lines.
drag&drop city into HQ to redirect production
drag&drop unit/HQ into other HQ raw to change subordination
click and edit field to change production values/types

Attach whole window to the button on the front panel.
Herode_2

Post by Herode_2 »

Excellent suggestions.
Here's one more [:)]

In the Production Overview screen, I miss 2 buttons :
- click on the production center icon => "go to this production center" when you want to see some town/village/supply on the map
- click on the HQ icon => "go to this HQ"

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”