5.02a patch

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm extends the classic space sim by combining fighter and starship combat in a single dynamic campaign game.
reaper2040

5.02a patch

Post by reaper2040 »

Will the 5.02a patch ever be repaired (specific mission ctd's) and made official?
milkweg

RE: 5.02a patch

Post by milkweg »

Yea, I am in agreement. This game is still not patched to a proper working state. For one thing there is a major bug in the options screen. I use a 16:9 monitor and set the resolution to 1680x1050. If I go back into the options screen it automatically sets it back to 800x600! I had to set the video.cfg file to read only so the game could not change the setting every time I go intot the options screen. Why hasn't this obvious bug been fixed?
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

bump

S!
Hotshot
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

Wow, still no response. Not acceptable. Did have two games in my basket right now but seeing as Matrix has shown me they don't not properly support the games they publish they have been removed. Tell Milo not to waste his time making a SS3.

reaper2040

Post by reaper2040 »

5.02a was released 6/18/2007 and is at the top of the Matrix patch list for SS:TGS. The top top sticky of the SS forums page is "Starshatter: The Gathering Storm Gets Track IR Enhanced", yet we all know that this only works with the 5.02a patch which causes CTD's that halt game advancement. No one from Matrix has responded to the numerous questions about this for over a year, not even to say "we are aware of this". To add insult to injury, Natural Point continues to list SS:TGS as a Track-IR enhanced game (which is why I got it). Finally, a word to Matrix: no news is not better than bad news. If you all are done supporting a product then say so. At the very least, don't distribute patches that cause more problems than benefits!

So now now that I've had my rant, does anyone know how to get Track-IR working with the 5.01 patch?

Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

i don't think it will with 5.01.... I've been in contact with Vincent at Natrual point he told me that the nonsupport of TIR with Starshatter TGS is on his list to test. Contact him and let him know that you are not happy at.

support@naturalpoint.com

let him have your info... if enough of us complain maybe they'll fix it!!

S!
Hotshot
tn_prvteye

Post by tn_prvteye »

Yeah, I just got a TrackIR and was lovin' StarShatter...until I realized that I couldn't fly half the missions assigned to me.

I sincerely hope this will be fixed.  Has anyone heard a peep about this at all?
GaGrin

Post by GaGrin »

Just want to add that I just bought the game (physical copy + download, physical has yet to be posted) but the fact that the downloadable version is the 5.0.2 patch is deeply disburbing due to the dynamic campaign breaks. The fact that I don't own an older version means that I'm stuck with this and I have to hope that either:

a) The physical copy is an older version so I can patch to 5.0.1 myself; or

b) Destroyer Studios fixes this issue so things are at least playable.

CTDs like this are unacceptable in a professional product that is supposed to be supported, and its destroying my ability to enjoy the product I thought I was buying.

If anyone knows of anyway to get an older version I'd apprechiate it if you'd let me know as I've currently got a broken product and a worthless serial key until this is somehow addressed.
Tony_Knightcrawler

Post by Tony_Knightcrawler »

I'd like it to be fixed, too.
gigurra

Post by gigurra »

Really enjoy playing with trackir here....no chance i can go without it :).

Hope this is fixed ASAP.....but from what i can see this has been an open ignored issue for a year now...
Zanthras

Post by Zanthras »

...from an industrious member of starshattermods.com

as he states, this may or may not be the problem...and there could be more than just this error.

thanks T for taking the time to help![8D]
ORIGINAL: Toshiro
Hello

Well I have an unarchived shatter dat file that I use as a template for making mods with stock abilities. I also have an unarchived dat file of the 5.02 patch. ( just to see what changes it made.)

I did notice with the 5.01 ship catalog the "hulk-frigate.def".
But there is no def with that name, but there is one called the "hulk-tiger.def". I think that is at least one reason there is an CTD on those later missions. Any attempt to select that target or fire upon it will cause a CTD.

Also noticed that the mission defs seem incomplete. Mission descriptions were absent.

just what I noticed so far.

T
"Don't give up the ship!"
-Captain James Lawrence

wdboyd

Post by wdboyd »

Salutations,

I am primarily a modder of Starshatter. [;)]

But, it is sad and embarassing that this or these obvious problems have not been addressed and corrected.

You players deserve the ability to play the games included dynamic campaign to the end. There is no valid excuse for this situation.

I'd be pi**ed too if I were primarily a player. [:(]

I've attempted to contact the games creator via e-mail but received no response. [:-]
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils!"
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

Hi,

im gunna e-mail Vincent at Natrualpoint angain today and ask him if he has tested TIR and 5.02a patch yet. Last time i talked to him he said it was on his list to check out. Before that he didn't even know there was a problem, apparently!!!! (yeah right) !!!

S!
Hotshot

p.s. I will post what his reply!
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

Here is what i heard.

We currently haven’t heard anything from the game developers.

NaturalPoint Technical Support

Support@NaturalPoint.com

Http://www.NaturalPoint.com

Toll Free: 888-865-5535 ext. - 10

Phone: 541.753.6645 ext. - 10

Fax: 541.753.6689

S!
Hotshot
I will endever to persavere !!!
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

I asked him if he heard anything about bugs and he said

believe the development team sent an email last month.

NaturalPoint Technical Support

Support@NaturalPoint.com

Http://www.NaturalPoint.com

Toll Free: 888-865-5535 ext. - 10

Phone: 541.753.6645 ext. - 10

Fax: 541.753.6689

Please include all previous correspondence

S!
Hotshot
Tony_Knightcrawler

Post by Tony_Knightcrawler »

That's where you guys get the CTDs? When firing on certain ships? I get it any time I load any kind of strike mission. I could try reinstalling it some day.

They got an E-mail from the developer 2 months ago? Good, I was starting to fear for him. Seems everyone but him is aware and concerned about the problem, and I heard that previously he was very active in the community.
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

tony,

no i have the ctd in the same place as you, all of us do i suspect, but since i recieved that e-mail from vincent i have heard nothing.

im at a loss as to what to do next Matrix does not answer support neither do any of the forum mods. ????

S!
Hotshot

Return to “Starshatter: The Gathering Storm”