Adding Events

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. You can also post your scenarios and modifications here.
ebitt

Adding Events

Post by ebitt »

The XML structure shows events as repeating. Each event has a unique ID number in the body of the event, so is it possible to add a new event to an existing structure? Does the event ID have to be predefined in the game engine or does it just have to be unique?

Thanks

Attachments
XMLview.jpg
XMLview.jpg (11.87 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Ed
doomtrader

RE: Adding Events

Post by doomtrader »

It has to be unique.

ATM I don't remember should it be consecutive.
For sure comrade will answer.
ebitt

Post by ebitt »

Impressive support!  Thanks for the quick reply.  This has been £20 well spent and I am sure that the game will get better and better.
Ed
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

You know. Making games is our passion. Really!
I've also some forumitee background, so hanging around is a real pleasure, especialy when seeing such great community.
comrade

Post by comrade »

ORIGINAL: ebitt

The XML structure shows events as repeating. Each event has a unique ID number in the body of the event, so is it possible to add a new event to an existing structure? Does the event ID have to be predefined in the game engine or does it just have to be unique?

Thanks

Yes, you can add as many <event> </event> blocks as you wish, just keep the IDs unique. Adding events is should be quite easy with good XML editor, supporting xsd validation.

What you may be missing is documentation regarding 'methods' used in <expression> and <effect> blocks. Without it it's bit difficult to know how many parameters are required for a method and what they mean. I dont know if the txt file documenting these methods was included in the game, if not - I will attach it here (and also try to squeeze it into 1.20 official release).

If you want to write your own events, start by looking at the existing ones. When designing this I tried to keep the event syntax as simple and intuitive as possible.
ebitt

Post by ebitt »

No problems!&nbsp; I am using the file&nbsp;which was&nbsp;included in the doc folder which shows (I think) only two methods not implemented.&nbsp; Also, is the DTD on your public site still current?&nbsp; The date looked suspiciously old.
&nbsp;
METHOD
Commander.ChangeLevel
NIE ZAIMPLEMENTOWANE
===========================================================================
METHOD
Commander.SetLevel
NIE ZAIMPLEMENTOWANE
Ed

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”