DOW when you have factors in other country?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

j-s

DOW when you have factors in other country?

Post by j-s »

I played (v. 1.02k) as Prussia against 6 AI players. GB was my ally and left one GB inf factor to the Karlsruhe garrison.

Later GB break our alliance, but his acces to my land was not ended (longer than 3 months). So that GB factor was still there in my Karlsruhe that was a part of Conf. of Rhine.

Now GB dowed me and I tried to besiege that one factor in Karlsruhe garrison becouse I had no my own factors in that city. In my land phase I have tried to assault that city (as "move INTO city...") whitout success. When I try to assault city, game throws my corps away to the next area (Stuttgart) during land combat phase and later GB gets that minor country as a conq.

Problem 1 is, that I can't stop GB to conquer that minor country. And if I conquer it back, I can't put it back to the Conf. of Rhine!

Problem 2 is that if I remember rules correct, it should be impossible to dow another country if you have troops inside its land area. How is this in PC version?
Dancing Bear

RE: DOW when you have factors in other country?

Post by Dancing Bear »

This sounds similar we have in our PBEM game, where an Austrian corps inside Paris was teleported out of the City. I susptect that you can not attack the GB unit in the city, because it is actually now outside the city, as a beseiging unit. You should be able to attack it in a field combat.

When France reconquored Paris (in a field combat), one of its corps was also teleported to an adjacent area. Much confusion resulted.

I'm guessing the Marshall will be fixing this in the 1.03.14
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

This sounds similar we have in our PBEM game, where an Austrian corps inside Paris was teleported out of the City. I susptect that you can not attack the GB unit in the city, because it is actually now outside the city, as a beseiging unit. You should be able to attack it in a field combat.

When France reconquored Paris (in a field combat), one of its corps was also teleported to an adjacent area. Much confusion resulted.

I'm guessing the Marshall will be fixing this in the 1.03.14

It's probably a bad assumption to assume that Marshall will be fixing something in the next release unless it's in the bug tracker. I haven't seen the bug related to in this issue so if you could create it and find a save game that reproduces it that'd be great.
--
Del
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

The Marshall does have the game save.

Marshall, is this garrison bug on your "to do" list, along with the moving of mountains, preferably before breakfast?
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

This situation sounds odd indeed and a good save would really help.
Be sure and let me know the game names if you think I already have it becauae I literally have hundreds of saved games with only method of association being you guys!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Hi Marshall
   the game with Paris Garrison problem is "Ferdinand". Mr. Soapy Frog would have sent you the game save last Thursday night (31st) or Friday morning (1st).

This is the game where an Austrian guard was lost to the same garrison bug. We also had the same problem with a battle in Brest two turns ago, where a British Cav corps was wiped out due to it being exposed by the same bug. Other garrisons in Switzerland, Cardiff and Edinburugh are displaying the same problem, but battles have not been fought there.

It is also the game with the river crossing problem ("all" vs "any" corps), the possibly incorrect tactical bonuses applied to Charles, and teleporting French corps to an area adjacent to Paris, at a battle at Paris (Austria with Prussian loaned corps attacking France). Soapy Frog likely referenced these problems in his email to you, and maybe not the garrison problem.

My internet security won't let me log onto Mantis, so I have not registered the bugs there.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

We did fix a major teleport issue that sounds like these in 1.03.14 which is being cooked by the testers as we speak. I'm hoping this addresses your teleporting.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Thanks Marshall, I think it will. Is there a list of 1.03.14 bugs to be fixed?
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

Thanks Marshall, I think it will. Is there a list of 1.03.14 bugs to be fixed?

I hate to say this (if you can't log on to Mantis) but the bug fix list is always in mantis under "change log" and updated in real time as things are marked as fixed.

Here is the current 1.03.13 - 1.03.14 change list:

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.03.14
=============================================
- 0000201: [Game Bug] besieged port supply not working (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000202: [Game Bug] game hangs in diplomacy phase (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000197: [PBEM Bug] Corps Teleports (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000200: [Game Bug] Prussians try to count to infinity, take a long time (marshall) - resolved.
- 0000189: [Game Bug] Diplomacy Crash (marshall) - resolved.
--
Del
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

For everyone that can log in to mantis, it would really help if you loaded save games there rather than emailed them to Marshall. That way the test team can access them as well.
--
Del
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Hi Marshall
   does the teleport fix also fic the problem with the garrisons being ejected from recently captured cities into the beseige city box? Also is the problem we had in the Ferdinand Game with incorrect tactical modifiers applied listed as a bug for a future fix?
   Bear.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Do you know what the tactical mods issue number is?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Good moring Marshall, my internet provider does not like mantis, so I don't have a number for you.

The issue appeared in a battle in Paris, where Austria attacked with 18 cav+inf against 9 french cav+inf. Even though Charles was over stacked, he should of had a 0 modifier, with a +1 for cav superiority. The screen shot below shows that this was not the case (note the screen shot was taken after the last round, so Austria has removed one cav for being the loser, and is only shown with 17 cav). French initial morale was 4.08, and is now 1.58. However, if the +1 was added in, then French morale damage would be 0.9 higher. This does not affect the outcome of the battle, but does affect the pursuit class. I think what is happening, is that the game has retroactively recalculated the losses (morale and factors), when Austria removed the single cav factor, but in the process it changed the final morale of the French.

http://www.soapyfrog.net/eia/Battle_of_Paris_June_1805.JPG

Return to “Tech Support”