Help!! Can't proceed due to ghost corps!!!

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Soapy Frog

Help!! Can't proceed due to ghost corps!!!

Post by Soapy Frog »

Our game has become stalled again after upgrading to 1.03.

It is Austria's land combat phase. France and Austria had an exchange of battle files for a battle on Paris which seemed to work out alright. There was a 2nd (small) battle in orleans where two weak austrian corps attacked a French corps and got annihilated... however the corps counters would not go away and now the phase cannot end becuase it keeps saying "reinforce or remove" the corps counters in question. Can't do either obviously... so we are stuck.

Marshall I have sent the savegame to you, subject of the email is the same as this thread.

Please any assistance you can give would be great! We are determined to get through this game.
Soapy Frog

RE: Help!! Can't proceed due to ghost corps!!!

Post by Soapy Frog »

Also a couple of other bugs with this particular game:

1) A freanch corps that was supposed to be in Paris teleported to Orleans during the French combat phase
2) The Austrian stack is mysteriously able to pay supply form an invalid supply depot in Soissons.
3) During the battle on Paris, cavalry superiority did not seem to be added in for the Austrians.

http://www.soapyfrog.net/eia/battle_of_paris_june_1805.jpg this is the battle after 1 cav has been lost for breaking. You can clearly see during the battle Austria had 18 cav to France's 9, which means Charles should have been rolling with a +1
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

Sorry to post here but I have to say it's insane how pretty and legible those corps markers are, amazing.
RayKinStL

Post by RayKinStL »

WHOA! I like those corps counters. How did you do that? When you look at garrisons, does it jsut show numbers on each city?
Soapy Frog

Post by Soapy Frog »

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1835178

Check em out. No garrison counters do not show numbers unfortunately I don't know of any way to do that.

Also for some reason (not sure why) you cannot tell if a crops is Loaned or not (i.e. it does not change the national symbol to reflect who is controlling the corps).
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Did you get my Russian naval back? This should be the Russian naval without the teleport.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Soapy Frog

Post by Soapy Frog »

Eh what?
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Woops! Wrong guy!
I'm working another game ... I'm in 2 different worlds here one with handles and one with email IDs ??? :-0

Most definitely the game you sent me has not loaded the results from the battle of Paris.
Do you have that?
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Additional combat phase errors to report during same combat phase.

As the Austrian counter part in this battle, two other errors occurred in this battle that need to be reported, both serious, incorrect tactical rating modifiers were applied and the river crossing did not work correctly.

The first is that game gave Charles a tactical -1 modifier against Napoleon, when in fact he should have had a zero modifier. Charles was the attacker with 7 corps so would have been a "3" tactical leader instead of his usual "4". The game gets this part right, but a according the look up table in the rules, a "3" leader against a Napoleon’s "5" give Napoleon +1 and Charles a "0", instead the game gave Charles a "-1". In this case, Charles had cavalry superiority, so he still ended up with a "0", but really he should have been at "+1".

The second is the river crossing. A river crossing disadvantage was applied to Charles attacking army, when only part of his army crossed a river. In this case, there should have been no river crossing penalty for Charles.

These are pretty basic rules that the game should get right. Please fix them.

Also, this is the same area, where the Austrian forces that captured Paris were teleported out of the city, allowing the French to annihilate them, despite the corps being given orders to surrender.

Combined these three errors, plus those described by Soapy Frog, had some pretty nasty consequences for Austria in this game.
Soapy Frog

Post by Soapy Frog »

Also Marshall I have sent you the last battle file from the exchange, hopefully that will help.
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

Hey Bear and Frog, are you guys using 1.03? I haven't upgraded to it but it sounds like I shouldn't, what do you think?
AresMars

Post by AresMars »

NeverMan, I can confirm that Bear [As] and Frog [Fr] are playing in the latest patch 1.03.

AresMars [Sp]

NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: AresMars

NeverMan, I can confirm that Bear [As] and Frog [Fr] are playing in the latest patch 1.03.

AresMars [Sp]

So it seems like 1.03 has introduced more bugs than it's worth, is that an accurate statement? Is this another 1.02i?

Or is it confirmed that these bugs were there before? It's like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back with this game.
Soapy Frog

Post by Soapy Frog »

We are using patch 1.03, though I do not think that that particularly is the source of our problems.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

ORIGINAL: NeverMan
ORIGINAL: AresMars

AresMars [Sp]

So it seems like 1.03 has introduced more bugs than it's worth, is that an accurate statement? Is this another 1.02i?

Or is it confirmed that these bugs were there before? It's like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back with this game.

Wow! Such negativitiy! :-)

FYI just so you know, this looks to be a PBEM problem that has been around a while. I just happen to get a great save from Soapy so that I could see what was really happening while it was happening (Thank you Soapy).

In fact I will have a new 1.03 BETA image with this fix.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Hi Marshall
   while you are fixing up our game, Can you add the following Austrian factors into a French prisoner of war camp: 5inf,2 cav and 3 guard. These factors were annihilated due the garrison bug at Paris,when they should have surrendered.
   Bear.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

I'll see what I can do...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Thanks  Marshall.
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Also Marshall, the same error caused the annilhilation of a Bristish cavalry corps the turn before, so if you can add Austrian's to a french POW camp, can you also add three British Cavalry factors to the same camp?
   Thanks in advance

Bear.
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

ORIGINAL: Soapy Frog

Also a couple of other bugs with this particular game:

1) A freanch corps that was supposed to be in Paris teleported to Orleans during the French combat phase
2) The Austrian stack is mysteriously able to pay supply form an invalid supply depot in Soissons.
3) During the battle on Paris, cavalry superiority did not seem to be added in for the Austrians.

http://www.soapyfrog.net/eia/battle_of_paris_june_1805.jpg this is the battle after 1 cav has been lost for breaking. You can clearly see during the battle Austria had 18 cav to France's 9, which means Charles should have been rolling with a +1

I have almost (but not quite) nailed down a bug where the display of the bonuses gets reset when there is a change in circumstance. That doesn't affect the actual battle.

e.g. in a battle against Massena in a game I'm playing, Mack had 6 cav to 3 and therefore got a +1 bonus. On the 3rd round Napoleon reinforced with extra corps and the French got more cav, Mack's bonus on the previous rounds changed to a zero although the results below those rounds didn't actually change.

So I think this is a display bug and not a game bug, but if you can find a save game before the combat that'd be great.
--
Del

Return to “Tech Support”