OT:TDG closing

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

panzerpelle

OT:TDG closing

Post by panzerpelle »

Hi all friends of TOAW!
The TOAW Design Group www.tdg.nu has decided to close the site as it is to costly to run and the membership numbers are not that high. The forum and part of the site will go on in some form on a free server. Take aloook on the forum http://www.savemstateathletics.com/tdg/index.php to see any info about that.

NOTE: Not all info will be saved. If you have any special interest in some parts of the site please download BEFORE 16th of August. After this date the site is closed.

The Swedish Armed Forces Section http://www.tdg.nu/swedish_armed_forces/index.htm will probably be integrated into the site www.armehandbok.se in some form.

Pelle Holmen, webmaster tdg
golden delicious

RE: OT:TDG closing

Post by golden delicious »

Thanks Pelle.

Unfortunately most of the original membership (myself included) have found less and less time for TOAW since the site was founded. And since TOAW has found a true 'home' at Matrix, there is now less of a need for fan sites. However TDG will continue to host my Grand Strategy forum, as well as occasional scenario design discussions.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to TDG in any way over the years. It's been great.
"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."
Menschenfresser

Post by Menschenfresser »

Really sorry to see it go. Some great scenarios and ideas and resources came out of it all.

Hats off
Make wargames, not war.
Widell

Post by Widell »

Sorry to see a great site go. Let me know if you need web space. I have plenty of room on a strategy domain I have registered for future use. PM or mail to robert(at)kodapa(dot)com
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

Will this mean we'll never see the final version of Fall Grau????? [:(]
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

We really need to start hosting TOAW articles on this site. With TDG gone and GS's article section apparently never to be revived, there's more need than ever.

One possibility would be to create an "Articles" sub-forum, where they could just be posted by the authors themselves.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
golden delicious

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

We really need to start hosting TOAW articles on this site. With TDG gone and GS's article section apparently never to be revived, there's more need than ever.

One possibility would be to create an "Articles" sub-forum, where they could just be posted by the authors themselves.

Yeah. That's what I was thinking we should do at TDG.
"War Studies"
"Absolutely nothing."
golden delicious

ORIGINAL: nelmsm

Will this mean we'll never see the final version of Fall Grau????? [:(]

Ask Jeremy. He hasn't been active at TDG for some time, but I believe you can find him at paizo.com, a D&D site.

Of course, Colin and I were working on a 25km/hex version....
"War Studies"
"Absolutely nothing."
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

I'll see if I can get that done.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
a white rabbit

Post by a white rabbit »

oh well, it had to happen, we did what we had to..

..for me, my immediates are my farm and family, and my own private war here in the southern Philippines. My next battle is just how the h*ll do you make 50m*6m net-houses from a pile of 50-micron net, some roles of webbing and 3/4 plastic pipe ?....

..i'm used to buying the things ready-made, guess i'll live and i'll learn..
..toodA, irmAb moAs'lyB 'exper'mentin'..,..beàn'tus all..?,
noxious

Post by noxious »

I'm fielding a request for permission to archive/post some of the TO&Es and OOBs data from the site (through the wayback machine) onto the TO&Es Yahoo group . Is that okay with the site's owner ?
Second, any status update on data transfer, as the site is now down for real ?
Has some data been transferred to the site you mentioned ? The english section seems incomplete, so I have no idea :)
Thanks in advance
Be Kind. Everyone is fighting a hard battle.
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

Well... i would need the Toaw replacements article by general Staff. Now. anyone?
LLv34_Snefens

Post by LLv34_Snefens »

PM sent.
Stefan O. Kristensen
Widell

Post by Widell »

ORIGINAL: Widell
Sorry to see a great site go. Let me know if you need web space. I have plenty of room on a strategy domain I have registered for future use. PM or mail to robert(at)kodapa(dot)com

My offer is still valid in case you want something set up asap. Just let me know, and you'll have the site with all functionality you need.
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: LLv34_Snefens

PM sent.

..and e-mail sent. Thanks in advance.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

I'll see if I can get that done.

I thought I'd bump this. We remain without a home for TOAW articles.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
pellejoens

Post by pellejoens »

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”