World War One Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

Destro

RE: World War One Mod

Post by Destro »

If you read German, you can google gardekorps and find a bit of information.

Here's a page from the German Wikipedia:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardekorps
Maciek

Post by Maciek »

ORIGINAL: Landser44

OK, here is an update. I have revised my intial plan to just modify the game using WW2 data and feel that the only way to do this is to start afresh and mod the whole game. (I may steal some stuff, but overall it is going to be a new game) I recieved the modding tools and am learning how to do it currently. I have been sketching ideas regarding this mod and I would really like to do it right. I am going to do it using West Front and it will cover the First World War in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. I know that stuff went on elsewhere, but it is going to be challenging enough to do everything that needs to be done for the Western Front, the Eastern Front, Southern Europe and the Middle East and Africa. I know its pretty ambitious, but I have lots of free time, we will see how it goes. Frankly I am tired of waiting for somebody to produce a good WW1 tactical game so I am going to do it myself. If anyone wants to help with this let me know - even if it is just planning or research.

Here is preliminary list of nationalities:
AXIS become "The Central Powers" and ALLIED become "The Allied Powers / The Entente".

I am going to change the following NATION CODES in WF to these new nations -
(00 - Allied Russia) will become The Russian Empire
(01 - Axis Germany) become the German Reich(and Colonial)
(02 - Axis Italy) becomes the Ottoman Empire
(04 - Axis Hungary) becomes the Austro-Hungarian Empire
(08 - Allied France) becomes the French (and French Colonial troops)
(09 - Allied UK) becomes The British Empire (including Canadian, ANZAC and African)
(10 - Allied USA) becomes The United States
(12 - Belgium) becomes Belgium (and Colnies)
(13 - Allied Yugoslavia) becomes Serbia AND Montenegro
(15 - Allied Greece) - Greece
(17 - Allied Romania) - Romania
(18 - Allied Italy) - Italy
(26 - Axis Bulgaria) - Bulgaria
(32 - Allied Albania) - POSSIBLY Albania(still to be determined...)

1. Who have I forgotten?

2. Can you forsee any problems with this configuration? Is there anything I am missing that could cause a problem for me?

3. And YES, it is probably possible to expand this to Russo-Polish War and possibly Russian Civil War as well, I just havent gotten there yet.

*Edit - The "00" Russian Army (Allied) is obviously the "White" Army for Russian Civil War and the "Soviet"(Axis) army can serve as the Red Army. The Red army can fight the (07)Polish(Allied) army for Russo-Polish War.

If possible - please, don't forget to "reserve" nationality number for Ukraine (Polish ally during War 1920). Btw - Ukraine was fighting against Poland in 1919 - is it possible to make them both "allied" and "axis"?
A Proud Member of CSTO Group

Visit our TOAW forum:
http://www.csto.cal.pl/forum/index.php
...and its international (English language) corner "La Legion etranger":
http://www.csto.cal.pl/forum/viewforum. ... 245a14071a
Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

ORIGINAL: Maciek

I am going to change the following NATION CODES in WF to these new nations -
(00 - Allied Russia) will become The Russian Empire
(01 - Axis Germany) become the German Reich(and Colonial)
(02 - Axis Italy) becomes the Ottoman Empire
(04 - Axis Hungary) becomes the Austro-Hungarian Empire
(08 - Allied France) becomes the French (and French Colonial troops)
(09 - Allied UK) becomes The British Empire (including Canadian, ANZAC and African)
(10 - Allied USA) becomes The United States
(12 - Belgium) becomes Belgium (and Colnies)
(13 - Allied Yugoslavia) becomes Serbia AND Montenegro
(15 - Allied Greece) - Greece
(17 - Allied Romania) - Romania
(18 - Allied Italy) - Italy
(26 - Axis Bulgaria) - Bulgaria
(32 - Allied Albania) - POSSIBLY Albania(still to be determined...)

1. Who have I forgotten?
Ok, i think you forgot
- the Japanese,
- the Arabs (think about the legends about Lauwrence of Arabia!)
- the Portugese and if you have a possibility
- the Australians.

Stefan
I create and revise: OoB´s, ToE´s, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (forever CWE!) Working on OoB´s for the new CSCW and scenario playtesting for the Beta Brigade.
Landser44

Post by Landser44 »

Thanks for the input!

The Arab allies and the Aussies(all ANZAC-Australia and New Zealand Army Corps) are part of the British Empire - They're in there. They(The Arab tribesmen) fought primarily for/with the Brits, no need to creat a whole new nation. Its more work. I was including those units under the umbrella of His Majesty's Empire.

As for the Japanese, I wasn't planning on doing Asia at all. It is a lot more work for a small number of scenarios that would be played. Maybe the engagement at Tsingtao...Also, terrain types are limited to those for WEST front only. Mostly Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

I don't know if anybody would play Portugal...? I hadn't thought of that. In fact, I can ever even remember reading anything about anything the Portugese army did in The Weltkrieg! LOL I'm sure they were involved, everybody else was!
Landser44

Legionaer

Post by Legionaer »

ORIGINAL: Landser44

Thanks for the input!

The Arab allies and the Aussies(all ANZAC-Australia and New Zealand Army Corps) are part of the British Empire - They're in there. They(The Arab tribesmen) fought primarily for/with the Brits, 1. no need to creat a whole new nation. 2. Its more work. I was including those units under the umbrella of His Majesty's Empire.

As for the Japanese, I wasn't planning on doing Asia at all. 3. It is a lot more work for a small number of scenarios that would be played. Maybe the engagement at Tsingtao...Also, terrain types are limited to those for WEST front only. Mostly Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

4. I don't know if anybody would play Portugal...? I hadn't thought of that. In fact, I can ever even remember reading anything about anything the Portugese army did in The Weltkrieg! LOL I'm sure they were involved, everybody else was!
1. Disagree! Why? The Arabs were not a part of the British Empire.

2. It´s ever a lot of work!

3. read Point 2.

4. Do you know that for nations like Greece, Bulgaria, Romania or Albania?
I create and revise: OoB´s, ToE´s, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (forever CWE!) Working on OoB´s for the new CSCW and scenario playtesting for the Beta Brigade.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Actually the maps in WF for tropical and temperate areas are able to be made, I just made a random RS type map in WF using the map editor.

Would be more work though....

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Landser44

Post by Landser44 »

Whoo! Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while. I have had to put this project on the back burner - I have too much going on right now and there seems to have been a re-vitalization fo JTCS with the recent updates. I have been too tempted to play the original game too much lately LOL! Most of this is probably beyond my capabilities anyway - I would absolutely love a WW1 tactical game, but I am feeling too novice at modding this game to go much further. If anything changes I will let y'all know.
Landser44

K K Rossokolski

Post by K K Rossokolski »

Portugal: the Brits' oldest Allies- a Corps on the WF. There are copies of Paul Adaway's work around, but to use them without his explicit approval would be immoral at the least. That said there is much in early periods of WWII which could be used for a pretty good simulation of WWI. Offhand, the only thing I can think of that would be needed is a tethered balloon. WF, with its Med and desert environments would serve best. I would be happy to play a part in a development team.
Cheers
Rod Coles...KKR

"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."
Yogi Berra
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

I know what you mean, I have a copy of his work, from when I was helping him, I won't share it though, as this is how he wants it. A shame though, am running a DCG with it, it's quite fun!! Paul put a LOT of work into it!!

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
dundas61

Post by dundas61 »

I would love a copy of Paul's mod some day ..... !
DukeUgrad

Post by DukeUgrad »

Korean Conflict game with scenarios and campaigns seems to be a perfect opportunity for Matrix Games and John Tiller Designs to give recognition to this forgotten "police action" especially the sacrifices made by many brave military personnel.

Here in Springfield IL there is a real foundation that is soliciting funds to build a Korean War Museum and the project already has a temporary site as they collect the necessary funding for construction (the site is already selected in downtown Springfield not far from the Old State Capitol where President O'Bama announced his candidacy and introduced his Vice President Joe Biden). [8D]

Need feedback from anyone as to whether any effort is in progress for Korean Conflict game using Campaign Series gaming platform and if not who/what is needed to persuade Matix Games /John Tiller Designs. Thanks very much ! [&o]
2 certainties in life !
(1) "War is Hell"
(2) "Getting Old is Hell"
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Already done guy!! I made this mod a few years ago, and Matrix will be developing it, after the Modern Wars Vol 1 sometime. I also wanted a tribute to ALL who fought in the Forgotten War, and hopefully it will foot the bill, I think so!![:D]

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Olanpwesto

Re: World War One Mod

Post by Olanpwesto »

Love this game and so glad people are modding this and still playing . Thank you so much for this great mod and all the hard work. hands down the greatest board game style computer game ever made !!!
Warhorse

Re: World War One Mod

Post by Warhorse »

Olanpwesto wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:49 pm Love this game and so glad people are modding this and still playing . Thank you so much for this great mod and all the hard work. hands down the greatest board game style computer game ever made !!!
Agreed!!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”