Comparison between WbtS and ACW

From the legendary team at 2 by 3 Games comes a new grand strategy masterpiece: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States. Taking gamers back to the American Civil War, this innovative grand strategy game allows players to experience the trials and tribulations of the role of commander-in-chief for either side. Historically accurate, detailed and finely balanced for realistic gameplay, War Between the States is also easy to play and does not take months to finish.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

scout1

Comparison between WbtS and ACW

Post by scout1 »

I have ACW and never really could get into it even though the WEGO concept really appealled to me. Can someone who has tried both these games weigh in on a comparison of the differences between them or point me where one already exists.

Thanks
GShock

RE: Comparison between WbtS and ACW

Post by GShock »

The two games are too different to be compared at all. 
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Scout,

They're both excellent games. You might want to have a look at this thread:

tm.asp?m=1858228
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
wurger54

Post by wurger54 »

I played ACW extensively last year. Difficult to compare. ACW is more operational in nature. I think this simulates the ACW a little better as strange things would happen in ACW that I couldn't figure out. This is likely a more elegant design. I like both.

ORIGINAL: scout1

I have ACW and never really could get into it even though the WEGO concept really appealled to me. Can someone who has tried both these games weigh in on a comparison of the differences between them or point me where one already exists.

Thanks
Wurger

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War Between the States”