Do any of you do this? Or am I insane?

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Caeili

Do any of you do this? Or am I insane?

Post by Caeili »

When I play this game I put in an appropriate movie like "Band of Brothers" or "A Bridge too Far" or "Das Boot."

When I play Galatic Civilization II I watch "Babylon 5" or "Firefly."

When I play World of Warcraft I usually have Monty Python's "Holy Grail" going in the background.

Does anyone else try to kinda set the mood like that?

*Edit* I'm going to ask this same question in the GCII forums. [:)]

christian brown

RE: Do any of you do this? Or am I insane?

Post by christian brown »

I doubt you are insane........though I've never put a movie on per se, I have played "The ride of the Valkyries" (as seen in the "Rakkasan {101st Air Assault Division} attack on the Vietcong village" scene from "Apocalypse Now" on occasion.........and other classical favorites (Beethoven's 5th and 9th go really well when contemplating what to do with Germany.) Those of us lucky enough to possess Churchill's speeches (I lost them when I lost my PC) can certainly enjoy the "Finest Hour" and other famous radio broadcasts when fighting the WA early after the fall of France.

Here is a realplayer link for a brief blurb from the "Finest Hour" speech

http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/churchill-hour.htm

I still find it very stirring......

Shucks, Caeili, perhaps we are both insane...........?
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Caeili

When I play this game I put in an appropriate movie like "Band of Brothers" or "A Bridge too Far" or "Das Boot."

When I play Galatic Civilization II I watch "Babylon 5" or "Firefly."

When I play World of Warcraft I usually have Monty Python's "Holy Grail" going in the background.

Does anyone else try to kinda set the mood like that?

*Edit* I'm going to ask this same question in the GCII forums. [:)]

When I play the scenario "Remember The Alamo" I like to put in the VHS tape of "Debby Does Dallas." [X(] [:D]
Caeili

Post by Caeili »

I didn't expect a reply from you in this thread Christian Brown. It's good to know that someone will reference the attack on the Vietcong village scene from "Apocalypse Now" to confirm my sanity. (Charley don't surf!) [:@]

christian brown

Post by christian brown »

ORIGINAL: Caeili

I didn't expect a reply from you in this thread Christian Brown

Hmm, why would that be?

PS:

You can either surf, or fight, alright?!
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson
BoerWar

Post by BoerWar »

I find Tora, Tora, Tora puts me in the mood for a good fight. Maybe that's why I don't fare so well as the allies.
Nami Koshino

Post by Nami Koshino »

I find for a game of this scope (WaW) the theme music to the BBC documentary series The World at War works best. [;)]
Rice is a great snack when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something to eat.
krafen73

Post by krafen73 »

I love to listen Beethoven while playing AWD...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”