Opponent for CHS wanted-closed

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

F6frc

Opponent for CHS wanted-closed

Post by F6frc »

I've been playing for a few years (Dec 2005) and I'm bored with the AI. It is pretty predictable in Stock games, and I destroyed it in CHS (I've heard it can't compete). I'm looking for an opponent who can put in at least one or more turns per day, and wants to see it through to the end. I'd prefer to play Allied, but thats open for negotiation. I plan on writing an AAR, so I am ready to dedicate the time and effort to make it a great game. I think some house rules are in order. These are some of the ones I like.

Settings
Both Sub Doctrines OFF
Fog of war ON
Advanced weather effects OFF
Allied Damage Control ON
PDU ON
Vary Set-up/Reinforcements OFF
7 Dec surprise ON

House Rules
Train pilots by attacking real targets...no attacking abandoned bases or supply training
No invasions by subs
6 TF per hex sea hex, bases unlimited
ASW TF max of 6 ships
AC stacking: 50x airfield size (except for transitioning units)
Dutch units may not be moved out of the DEI - not even fragments
Philippine units may not be moved out of the Philippines
IJA units in China/Manchuko must pay PP to move out of theater
Canadian units may only operate in Canada, unless IJA invades Australia/NZ
No cutting off land movement with small units or fragments of units
4E bombers may not conduct naval strike missions (may conduct naval search).
4E bombers on daylight raids min alt 15,000' in 41-42, 20,000' in 43, and 25,000' in 44-45
Allied 2E LBA must stay that way except for few Bolo units which can be upgraded to 4E
Allied 2E minimum 3k Feet Naval Attack until 1943

Optional:
Landings at dot/base hexes only
No shock attacks with pursuit unless in a road/rail hex
Max 2 PT squadrons (6 craft each) per base with port size 4 or less, 3 with port size 5 or more
MLE stationed only at port size 6 or greater
Troop base level 50,000 x port+airfield size, 20,000 x port+airfield size on atoll

All are negotiable, I just want to have a fun game!
Nomad

RE: Opponent for CHS wanted

Post by Nomad »

I am interested - my last opponent just disappeared 2-3 weeks ago. Interesting house rules, they do seem to hurt the Allies most. I am willing to try my hand at the Japanese. I would like a non-historic start but I willl only invade any base that the historical start does - but I might not invade all of them. I would only move other taskforces no more than 5 hexes from a Japanese held base with at least a size 3 airbase.

I will commit to one turn per day - possibly more on some days with a few days of no turns. I will send you an email in advance of any days I am going to miss - I have a couple of short trips to concerts coming up in the next month or so.
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

ORIGINAL: F6frc

I've been playing for a few years (Dec 2005) and I'm bored with the AI. It is pretty predictable in Stock games, and I destroyed it in CHS (I've heard it can't compete). I'm looking for an opponent who can put in at least one or more turns per day, and wants to see it through to the end. I'd prefer to play Allied, but thats open for negotiation. I plan on writing an AAR, so I am ready to dedicate the time and effort to make it a great game. I think some house rules are in order. These are some of the ones I like.

Settings
Both Sub Doctrines OFF
Fog of war ON
Advanced weather effects OFF
Allied Damage Control ON
PDU ON
Vary Set-up/Reinforcements OFF
7 Dec surprise ON

House Rules
Train pilots by attacking real targets...no attacking abandoned bases or supply training
No invasions by subs
6 TF per hex sea hex, bases unlimited
ASW TF max of 6 ships
AC stacking: 50x airfield size (except for transitioning units)
Dutch units may not be moved out of the DEI - not even fragments
Philippine units may not be moved out of the Philippines
IJA units in China/Manchuko must pay PP to move out of theater
Canadian units may only operate in Canada, unless IJA invades Australia/NZ
No cutting off land movement with small units or fragments of units
4E bombers may not conduct naval strike missions (may conduct naval search).
4E bombers on daylight raids min alt 15,000' in 41-42, 20,000' in 43, and 25,000' in 44-45
Allied 2E LBA must stay that way except for few Bolo units which can be upgraded to 4E
Allied 2E minimum 3k Feet Naval Attack until 1943

Optional:
Landings at dot/base hexes only
No shock attacks with pursuit unless in a road/rail hex
Max 2 PT squadrons (6 craft each) per base with port size 4 or less, 3 with port size 5 or more
MLE stationed only at port size 6 or greater
Troop base level 50,000 x port+airfield size, 20,000 x port+airfield size on atoll

All are negotiable, I just want to have a fun game!

I have an opening if you are interested.
F6frc

Post by F6frc »

I'm fine with a non-historic start as you described. If there is anything else to add, please do. I can easily do one turn per day, sometimes more. I'll let you know if there are any breaks in the action with advance email. And don't worry, no matter how bad you're beating me I'll not bail![:-]

I hope for the same if the tables are turned![:D]
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I haven't done a Japanese turn in a year or so, it will take me a few days to ponder things and do them.

BTW, I am sending my email in a PM.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have one question about your house rules:

1. No cutting off land movement with small units or fragments of units
What constitutes a small unit? I understand a fragment.

And I agree to all of the optional house rules also.

Is slot 10 acceptable to you?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

ORIGINAL: F6frc

I'm fine with a non-historic start as you described. If there is anything else to add, please do. I can easily do one turn per day, sometimes more. I'll let you know if there are any breaks in the action with advance email. And don't worry, no matter how bad you're beating me I'll not bail![:-]

I hope for the same if the tables are turned![:D]

Well, I expect you to be beating on me at some point. I just hope I can find a samll success on occasion in 1944 - no hope in 1945.
F6frc

Post by F6frc »

Slot 10 is fine, scen 155, CHS 2.08. I think small units are smaller than regiment/brigade, like raider battalions, para, snlf. A single battalion sized unit should not be used to force the surrender of a large stack of LCU.
F6frc

Post by F6frc »

If you  think I'm leaving out any HR that might be crucial, let me know. I don't want too many, and I'm just looking for a balanced game for both of us!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I will abide with what you have - I am not going to worry about house rules. I did not get your PM with your email address.

Return to “Opponents wanted”