Is Vista supported?

Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets is the latest strategy title from the award-winning team at Strategic Studies Group. A synthesis of the very best elements of two critically acclaimed and top-rated game systems, Decisive Battles and Battlefront, and a successor to both, the new Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets brings to life a campaign of epic scale and dynamic battles on the Eastern Front of World War II.
johnasl

Is Vista supported?

Post by johnasl »

I don't see Vista listed as being supported. The other SSG titles I have work fine, but I'd rather not take a chance. Is it just a typo?
Erik Rutins

RE: Is Vista supported?

Post by Erik Rutins »

That's probably a typo - we did test it on Vista and it worked fine. I'll double check and update the specs on Monday if necessary.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
johnasl

Post by johnasl »

Thanks.  I went ahead and ordered the game and noticed on the Digital River page it does mention supporting Vista.  I had to run it as administrator otherwise I get a error that my serial number is invalid. Now to see how much fun this thing is...
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Stryker, you have to run quite a few things "as Administrator" on Vista. It may depend on what the application is trying to access system-wise, but I've read alot of people having to run things as administrator under Vista.

You could turn off User Account Control (something like that)...the downside is that Microsoft seem to think that if you turn that off, they have to show an annoying little red sheild at the bottom right of the task bar!!!
Alba gu' brath
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Yes, the annoying red shield pops up every time I boot up complete with balloon telling me something is wrong!! [:@]

So I right click, and do away with the shield - thanks Microsoft! [:-]

So, let's hear how everyone is enjoying the game. I'm on the fence and waiting![8D]
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
brucesim2003

Post by brucesim2003 »

If yor go to the security center in control panel, there is an option to change how it warns you. One option will get rid of the icon permanently.

Bruce
Brausepaul

Post by Brausepaul »

Does this include Vista x64?

Return to “Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets”