take pity on me

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

R.E.LEE

take pity on me

Post by R.E.LEE »

i may need allitte help,how do i make trenches and IP ,it may take me years but im going to do an historical battle,this is just a fun test map.but i gota know how to make defences.thanks-Also how do you guys post a full screen shot when i try it always says its to laarge so i make it five inches x 5?

Attachments
terry.jpg
terry.jpg (69.05 KiB) Viewed 196 times
cw58

RE: take pity on me

Post by cw58 »

With a title like that, how could I not. [:D] All fortifications (IP, trenches, etc.) are done in the scenario editor, after you've made your map.

For the screenshot, while in game press the "print screen" button. This saves the present screen to your clipboard. Then exit the game, open a graphics program like MS Paint and paste it there. Then save to desktop or wherever you can find it, so you can post it later. If that doesn't make sense, ask Junk2drive. He's the one who showed me. [;)]
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

Another way is when you have your map up you can do an ALT+Print screen and get a clean pic.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Ya i have no prob doing a full screen shot to paint,BUT WHEN I TRY TO LOAD IT TO THE FORUM HERE IT SAYS ITS TO LARGE TO LOAD,thats what im asking about,CW58 thanks now i can procede with my real map.
cw58

Post by cw58 »

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE

Ya i have no prob doing a full screen shot to paint,BUT WHEN I TRY TO LOAD IT TO THE FORUM HERE IT SAYS ITS TO LARGE TO LOAD,thats what im asking about,CW58 thanks now i can procede with my real map.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I'm uploading some pictures right now for an AAR and having the same problem. The pics are a little more than 2MB as bitmaps (.bmp), but if your graphics program will let you save them as jpegs (.jpg), those are about 10% of the size. I'm not sure if MSPaint will let you do that as I use a different graphics program. But then I'm trimming them just enough to get them under the 200kb limit.
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Yes paint will let you save as whatever you want,hey how do you trim a screenshot in paint?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

What size screen are you playing on? Like 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600?

Open your shot in Paint. From the top menu, click image, from the dropdown, click attributes.
A window will popup with the size in bytes (like 77,000 which is about 77kb) and the size (like 1024 x 768)
You can close that window and click image again, click stretch/scew. Type in 75 for each box in stretch. Check attributes again and see if the bytes is now small enough to post. If so, close that window, click file, clicksave as... and add a 2 to the name of your shot then save.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Much thanks ,ill get to work testing all this.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”