Campaign Game Setup

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

marcbarker

Campaign Game Setup

Post by marcbarker »

I know from day one in east front , west front and etc. Division and above troop placement is a bear at times during campaign setup. Any thought as to how to specify troop placement prior to campaign setup so at least units are grouped together.
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re
simovitch

RE: Campaign Game Setup

Post by simovitch »

I was hoping to crack that one during my dissection of the DCG data structure. Unfortunately whatever specifies the initial placement of forces for missions is hardwired into the executable code.
simovitch

willy g

Post by willy g »

I always wondered why it doesnt give you an OOB dialog like the one used to created scenarios. Then at least you could put units on the map in groups.
marcbarker

Post by marcbarker »

how true. It would be nice to have dynamic placement like in reinforcements. Hey there is an Idea. Treat troops as though they are reinforcements. but then you have the problem of battle flow
games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”