Bug in battle losses?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

j-s

Bug in battle losses?

Post by j-s »

When you took more than 2.0 morale losses in the battle, how are casualties handled?

I had a situation that I had Prussia with >100 factors in the battle and fight against Napoleon, who had 10 mil and 2 cav (crazy, but he attacked with just one corps and left 5 corps to look from the next area!!!).

In the second round of combat i made France 10% casualties and much morale losses (I think >2.0). France took away just 2 cav as casualties and all of his militia stayed unharmed!!!!! If you have >100 factors and you made 10% casualties, losses should be something like 10-11 if I understand rules correct!

This is not as things should be. If you can't take militia as losses (becouse of morale losses), game should not let you out whitout losses from that battle round (look from the original rules). If you have no infantry, then you took militia as losses! And I don't like that you should take cavalry as losses and you can't take militia becouse you have only militia&cavalry present, I'm not sure how this was in original rules but cavalry losses were rare.
Thresh

RE: Bug in battle losses?

Post by Thresh »

The rules state that if your loses are more than 2.0 in morale, you cannot remove militia, you haveto remove other factors.

7.5.2.9.2.1: [/b]Where possible, militia casualties may be taken only until (not including) the round in which the cumulative morale loss of the army equals or exceeds "2.0.

So, if in the 1st round of combat your morale loss is 2.0 or less, you can remove militia.  If in the 2nd round your morale loss exceeds 2.0, you can't take militia as a a first loss, you have to take regular factors...

Depending on what chart you were on and the die roll, you could have only 5 casualties. So itspossible thatthe AI took 2 Cav first and then 3 militia next.

Do you have a save file of the game?

Todd

Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

Thresh's analysis is very good. I'll add one point, for clarification only:

When you are not allowed to take militia, then you must take something else. If a power brings too many militia and not enough infantry (but plenty of guard, cav, and/or artillery), then that power must lose those more expensive factors.
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
j-s

Post by j-s »

ORIGINAL: Thresh

The rules state that if your loses are more than 2.0 in morale, you cannot remove militia, you haveto remove other factors.

Yes, that's true.
So, if in the 1st round of combat your morale loss is 2.0 or less, you can remove militia.  If in the 2nd round your morale loss exceeds 2.0, you can't take militia as a a first loss, you have to take regular factors...

Depending on what chart you were on and the die roll, you could have only 5 casualties. So itspossible thatthe AI took 2 Cav first and then 3 militia next.

I think that game remove just "other factors" but is not taking all casualties that were made and that's my problem here. For example in my case:
1. casualties: 10% with ~100 factors =10 factors of casualties and more than 2.0 morale losses on 2nd round (that was the case)
2. AI had 10 mil and 2 cav present, only losses they took were 2 cav, not militia at all!!! (I think this is not as it should be)
3. This lead that my troops break on 2nd round and Napoleon was left with 10 mil. At least he should have get more casualties than 2 cav.

If you have 10 mil and 2 cav and take 12 or more casualties (and 2.0 or more morale losses) in first round, that corps should be wiped off! Now it looks that in first round they loss only cavalry and there will be 10 mil in second round.[:-]

Do you have a save file of the game?
Yes, it should be here.
Look to the May and you can see that Prussia fight w. 9 corps, made 0,5+1,5 morale losses and 5%+10% casualties and France lost only 2 cav on second round. Can't be right.
Attachments
napoleonkickass.zip
(247.84 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

j-s:

What version are you running?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

j-s