WAW 33d - Daniel_MG vs Barthheart

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

Daniel_machinegun

WAW 33d - Daniel_MG vs Barthheart

Post by Daniel_machinegun »

INTRODUCTION:

Germans: Daniel_MG
West: Bathheart

Turn 3:
Vance Captured Munich by making a dummy paradrop. LOL [:D]

Ok, not valid, we go again.

In turn 2 I asked Vance a question ¿what if I don't take Lille nor Paris? The answer is: Russia will never weak up.

This mean, if Germans don't take Lille or Paris then Russia will not weak up. ¿What happens if Russia do not weak up? then Germany will have more ProdPoints than West.

And later I can attack Balkans, later I can fight for the seas, Afrika, Gibraltar, Axis Minors will join me later, ecc. This mean Germans should win easily... and later on in 1943 I can maybe attack France.

Vance wanted to see what happens here. We go for it!

So this is not a competition, Vance won by making the paradrop into Munich. We go to see what happens if Germans do not ever invade France. Theorically Germans should win by a clear edge.
Daniel_machinegun

RE: WAW 33d - Daniel_MG vs Barthheart

TURN 3 - OCTOBER 1939

Getting out of the book, our Great Adolf ordered an attack on Yugoslavia (Balkans) in october 1939. The target is to move all over the south to Greece.

Germans have no fear for the comming winter. Suspecting the treacherous General Tito would join the British side, Hitler preempted the move and attacked right away, hoping Britain will not have an attacking platform from Eurasia.

A lot of argument have been taken place around the French issue. Some generals think we should take the Maginot line, others think that it would be better to surround them by invading Holland.

Other's instead think that Germans should not put a foot in French soil before the Reich is strong enough... many fear that, capturing Paris will unleash a serie of events that will bring even the Colossus United States into the war. It would be better to take advanced positions without give the world an excuse to betray Germany, Yes, jewish Financial lobby is strong enough in US and around the world.

Attachments
Turn3end.jpg
Turn3end.jpg (138.53 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Daniel_machinegun

Turn4 - November 1939

Yes, it wasn't winter, this favored my advance over Yugoslavia. We captured Belgrade. We must trust our Fürer's instincts!!

Kiel Bombed, we returned bombing on Maginot with long range arty

However our planners made a mistake, I made an unnecesary amount of troops and it is costing one third of my production to supply them.
Daniel_machinegun

TURN 5 - DECEMBER 1939

German's campaign on Yugoslavia is going very good despite of the snow. I spotted some fleet in the mediterranean, what do they want? fight?!

It will take 5 more turns to reach Athens. I expect some British invasion too

Attachments
yugoslavia.jpg
yugoslavia.jpg (96.53 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Daniel_machinegun

However, this British bombing on kiel is turning me mad, last turn they killed 35 Rifle. What should I do???

I have 7 long range artillery in place and 15 bombers, I will smash them next turn. Your hear me Barth!? get out of there!

Attachments
bombing.jpg
bombing.jpg (74.96 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Royal Navy pounds Kiel again, not afraid of Nazi Seaplanes!

BEF lands in Kiel! Take that Hun!

Greece starts to bristle with AT-guns....mountain passes will be death traps for German Army!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Daniel_machinegun

TURN 6 - Jaunary 1940

Yugoslavia:
Troops at the order of Erik Von Lussendorf are advancing. General promise the Fürer to arrive by May 1940.

Anti Tanks? no no, Germans have mortars, planes and arty. Maybe Athens should surrender right away. But German's Field Marshalls fear some kind of disembark behind the lines as Britain domain all oceans.

There are many places this can happen as we close to Athens, we are taking the proper countermeasures (see Scouts)

Attachments
yugoslavia.jpg
yugoslavia.jpg (53.58 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Daniel_machinegun

The Kiel issue:

Finally planners found some solution:
- We bombed Britain's fleet with logest range Artillery, sometimes we get lucky
- We will lightly garrison Kiel this time (last time British killed 39 Rifles again).

German Luftwaffe do not dare to attack that fleet, we are losing the air battle and Navy is hidding like a chicken... however, DORA cannons will appal those battleships.

How come? - asked the Fürher - how come we are loosing fighter squads?

Attachments
kills.jpg
kills.jpg (38.03 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Daniel_machinegun

TURN 7 - FEBRAURY 1940

Terrible News!

British troops took Kiel and the whole British fleet crossed over Northern Sea. Germans quickly recovered the Port City but now we will suffer terrible bombings.

On the upside, this British move if VERY DANGEROUS because for the moment the enemy have no ports!

In the Balkans, no advances because of the winter. General Tito is giving a hell of a fight. Tito's formations hold the highest hills in Yugoslavia.

In the French borders, things are heating up

Attachments
shot7a.jpg
shot7a.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

February 1940

British Navy is a daring raid has cought most of the Kreigsmarine at anchor in Hamburg harbour! In a brief fight the entire Kreigsmarine is sunk including two as yet unfinished large battleships in drydock.

In other news, daylight bombing of the Nazi party home town of Munich continues uncontested!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Joshuatree

Post by Joshuatree »

"Mein Führer, nichts neues im Westen ".... [small]other than that the entire fleet has been sunk[/small] [:D]

Daniel_machinegun

TURN 8 - March 1940

The whole fleet sunk in Hamburg, 12 vessels and I still have 5 submarines hidden somewhere in the Northern Sea. [:D]

At least I don't have to feed them anymore, they were costing me 40% of my Production the fleet alone.

British fleet is fully trapped, so Barth don't have to feed them either. What would Barth do? attack Copenhagen? or wait for me to use Blitz Card??

PREPARE YOURSELF!!

Hamburg Bombed, HQ destroyed, full production lost and -20% for the next turn.
Munich is taking a punishment too, 45% of production decimated.

Air Force:
My Flak can't do nothing to defend Munich. I am losing the air battle, Luftwaffe do not dare to attack France or London.

Sea:
My whole fleet SUNK in Hamburg.

This low intensity war is not going well for Germans.

However, we will win by superior Politics!! Russia is sleeping the sweet dream.

COWARDS! ARE KILLING GERMAN CIVILIANS AND THE FÜHRER DO NOTHING. People's morale is going down and so the confidence in our leader. The feeling in the streets is we are losing the war.

Attachments
screen8a_2.jpg
screen8a_2.jpg (124.01 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Daniel_machinegun

Yugoslavia. Tito is hidding in the mountains.

Local Media ask: "General Tito HIDING. Where is the coward?"

Small advances in south front because of winter and rough terrain. But Media broadcasting victorious news all day help people's morale raise.

One hill battle won this turn can hide Hamburg's and Munich's humilliation

PS:
I speak horrible english because I'm German in this game, remember? [:D]

Attachments
screen8a.jpg
screen8a.jpg (91.92 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

March 1940 - still snowing - got lucky there!

Kiel taken again! This time by French commandos! British Navy escapes from Baltic Sea!

Tito has joined forces with Greece to repel German invaders. Greek moutains full of AT weapons!

The West is bracing for possible spring assault.....

Daniel_machinegun

Turn 9 - April 1940

Oh no! Bitish fleet escaped through Kiel again causing huge casualties. What a bad generals we have!

Hitler is mad. Attack on France is the order, we played the blitz card.

Further advances on Balkans because of this

Attachments
screen9a_22.jpg
screen9a_22.jpg (15.97 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Daniel_machinegun

Balkans Turn9a end

Athens look hopeless now, we promised to take it by July 1940

Attachments
screen9a.jpg
screen9a.jpg (62.02 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

April 1940

French General Degulle leads a daring raid across the Rhine! Driving hard north he manages to capture Cologne and destroy a large portion of the Luftwaffe on the ground!
Daniel_machinegun

here's turn 9

Attachments
Turn9end_10ini.jpg
Turn9end_10ini.jpg (123.01 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Daniel_machinegun

Turn 10 - May 1940

Germans push back the French armies in Cologne and at the same time the siege on Lille begins

Attachments
DIBUJO.jpg
DIBUJO.jpg (64.12 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Daniel_machinegun

Turn 12 - July 1940

This has been a great month. South Army at the command of Fieldmarshall Erik Von Lussendorf finally captured Athens, the Greek command is fleeing away on full retreat to the coasts of Mediterranean hoping to be evacuated by the Royal Fleets.

Europe
After a few months of trenches battles with no success, The alliance have started a full retreat from the Maginot line.

2º Reserve Paratroopers divisions landed behind their lines capturing the Vichy regions

While in the west, SS Tankdestroyers divisions crossed the Seine river near Orleans totally cutting off Maginot French-British Army
---------------

Denmark bombed
Norway captured by Allies
Frankfurt bombed.

(screenshots comming soon)

Return to “After Action Reports”