Looking for Modern TO&Es

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

GaryChildress

Looking for Modern TO&Es

Post by GaryChildress »

Does anyone know of a good reference book or website which has the TO&Es of modern armies (various nations) all the way down to fire team composition (including heavy weapons team composition)?

I'd like the info in order to mod Close Combat Modern Tactics.

Thanks.
Perturabo

RE: Looking for Modern TO&Es

Post by Perturabo »

The only such thing I ever saw was for US Army. I suspect that most of other countries keep their manuals secret.
105mm Howitzer

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

Gary, I haven't played it in a long time, but back in the mid-late 80's, there was Micro-Armor games played on Challenger rulesm using compendiums for Nato/WarPact nations, as well as South American/Asia/African nations TO &Es. To my knowledge, I've yet to see the modern day equivalent in my local area hobby stores.
Cheers
MC
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

That reminds me. I broke out my old copy of Combat Commander 1973-1983. It has TO&Es for units up to 1983. Unfortunately it doesn't break down to fire team level. Does anyone know of a rule book for modern warfare at least up to 2000 which has TO&Es down to fire team level for major nations?

Thanks.
noxious

Post by noxious »

Not a rule book, but in-game editor of Steel Panthers MBT certainly shows a lot of that detail.
Freely available from Shrapnel games, the difference between the CD version and free download being possible screen resolutions, and additional editing tools.

It doesn't describe fireteams in detail, but seeing as some units represent a single sniper, it certainly would give you a good basis for starters, and even guessing work.

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SPCamo/wSPMBT/1.htm
Be Kind. Everyone is fighting a hard battle.

Return to “General Discussion”