Late War Oddities

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

JeffroK

Late War Oddities

Post by JeffroK »

After having smashed the evil empire and occupied the Home Islands by early 1945 I have begun to notice some odd happenings.

I'm playing CHS155, patched up to date. I dont know if its the mod or the game playing up.

1. Ports in Japan will not offer "Auto Supply" Means you have to organise your own convoys.

2. As mentioned elsewhere, uber-Emily's will start torpedoing at their extraordinary range.

3. A-Bomb attacks outside of the Home Islands. My A-Bombers, based at Osaka/Kobe, will not bomb Shanghai. Is there a requirement that they only hit the HI?

4. The Soviet setup at 1 August 45 is not very good for an attack, I suppose it also had to be a defensive setup up. I believe they need a week to manouver into an effective setp to attack. maybe a HR will cover this.

5. Ghost Soviet forces!!! Very Odd!!! At many bases, when you "mouse" over the base it will ID 2-3 Corp, base units & forts. When you "click" on the base it will only show the fort & base units!!!!! Other bases will not show the unit icon, "Mouse recon" will not show any units but when you "click" on the base it will show a number of Infantry or Mech Corps. For example the "mouse recon" will show a Corps at Vladivostok but it will physically be at Irkustk (example only)
Once you move them out of a base it works OK, but those 3 mech Corps I couldnt see got an extra 3-4 days I&I. [8D]
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Monter_Trismegistos

RE: Late War Oddities

Post by Monter_Trismegistos »

Ad. 4. Yup - houserule is needed to prevent Soviets attacking before historical 9 August.
Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”