Your funniest? moment in WbtS

From the legendary team at 2 by 3 Games comes a new grand strategy masterpiece: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States. Taking gamers back to the American Civil War, this innovative grand strategy game allows players to experience the trials and tribulations of the role of commander-in-chief for either side. Historically accurate, detailed and finely balanced for realistic gameplay, War Between the States is also easy to play and does not take months to finish.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

madgamer2

Your funniest? moment in WbtS

Post by madgamer2 »

I was feeling a bit flush in Oct. 61 as KY has gond to the Union player with out me firing a shot at the Reb AI. I decided to call a draft and got lots of units and thought I would build a small army of green units to attack the east/west rail line and in general give R.E.Lee a hard time.
I sent some green units there and discovered that only Fremont (back from being sacked)and Burnside were the only AC's so I activated the latter and put him there. The very next sickness phase it tells me he went sick for 10 months and I found to my dismay and lack of paying attention that Scott had kicked the bucket! I had to dismantle Grant's army to get Buell to command at Washington and promote little MaC to TC...LOL I love this game

so whats your gbit of funny or weird?
Madgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
heroldje

RE: Your funniest? moment in WbtS

Post by heroldje »

After losing multiple major battles to Lee in the west, I decided to split my army into two seperate forces and try to open up another front to spread him out.   It seemed to be working fine, so I had initiative for both armies, I thought it would be a good idea to attack with both.  I knew that Lee would pummel one army, but I figured it would be a worth losing 10,000 men or so to break the stalemate with the other force.

The force that Lee decided to intercept lost over 30,000 men.  The other force fought an even contest, but eventually withdrew.  In the end nearly half my western troops were dead and I hadn't advanced an inch.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War Between the States”