No supply for the new Pioneers !!!

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Dumnorix

No supply for the new Pioneers !!!

Post by Dumnorix »

Jason @ Co
I have an big problem ! The new features with the engineers is not full funktionally for my mod JTCS meets PG3D for global scenarios.
The bridge function and also the minefield funktion is good, but after putting the pontoon bridge and putting a mine field the units are on low supply. They get no more supplies, even if they find on the HQ-Hex. Which can you do, in order to improve. A pioneerbtl. with JTCS meets PG3D is not usable any longer, if it fulfilled one of the functions.

H.Balck

Ich habe ein großes Problem. Die neuen Möglichkeiten der Pioniere sind nicht voll funktionsfähig für meinen Mod JTCS meets PG3D für Großkampfszenarien. Die Brückenlegefunktion und auch die Minenfeldlegefunktion ist gut,
aber nach dem Legen der Pontonbrücke und dem Legen eines Minenfeldes sind die Einheiten auf low supply. Sie bekommen keinen Nachschub mehr, auch wenn sie auf dem HQ-Hex befinden. Was könnt ihr tun, um das zu verbessern. Eine Pionierabteilung bei JTCS meets PG3D ist nicht mehr nutzbar, wenn sie eine der Funktionen erfüllt hat....
1925frank

RE: No supply for the new Pioneers !!!

Post by 1925frank »

Hallo, Dumnorix,

The new manual discusses this.  I think the engineers are designed so they cannot regain supply.  You can use them once, and then they must be taken out of harm's way.  I do not recall all the details, but I do recall the manual addresses this.

That's the best picture of you yet!   
Huib

Post by Huib »

I think this was done to prevent these engineers from laying more than one bridge/ mine field. This is OK on platoon/company level scale, I can understand that it is less desirable for your mod where an icon probably represents a Batallion.
I must admit that I have not read the manual....
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

Heavy Bridge units, break down to company level.
That should be plenty of bridges.

For mines, I do not know what you should do.....[8D]
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
Dumnorix

Post by Dumnorix »

In my LCGs - this feature is OK, in Multiplayerscenarios I think, we must change the supplystatus of pioneerbattalions and bridgebattalions manually in the nightturns. Thus to put one forced mines first against evening or at night. I was even in an engineer unit of the Natinal Libaration Army of the GDR (NVA) and the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) and there was that exactly the same. Mines were put in principle at night or in the evening.

Unterleutnant H.Balck
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

ORIGINAL: Dumnorix

In my LCGs - this feature is OK, in Multiplayerscenarios I think, we must change the supplystatus of pioneerbattalions and bridgebattalions manually in the nightturns. Thus to put one forced mines first against evening or at night. I was even in an engineer unit of the Natinal Libaration Army of the GDR (NVA) and the German Federal Armed Forces (Bundeswehr) and there was that exactly the same. Mines were put in principle at night or in the evening.

Unterleutnant H.Balck

Your solution sounds reasonable.
You can fix this in the .bte file?

PS. I wish I had enough energy to send you a turn...but I am dead tired.
The destruction of your 6. Fallschirmjäger Regiment must wait until later. [:D]
"If you want peace, prepare for war."

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”