How similar is it?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

heenanc

How similar is it?

Post by heenanc »

Hi,

After playing the allied for a few games I now want to try something different... Japan. I'm just about the embark on a fabulous journey of discovery, learning all about the economy and I assume from the first few post I've read that it not going to be done over night, but will take a very long time to get tuned.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to how similar Admiral Edition and WITP are going to be in terms of production of planes Naval ship yard expension, basically the economy of Japan.

Please give a rating 10 being completely different and 1 being very similar.

I know this is the "vague question of the month" and I'm sure some things are changing vastly and some aren't at all

However because what I know of the economy at the moment is extremely little there little point in talking about how certain aspects of it would change as I have nothing to start with.

Will I have to start afresh when AE comes out?
yo yo yo
wworld7

RE: How similar is it?

Post by wworld7 »

My "guess" is that you are right and some things will change with AE.

But learning is always a good thing. It keeps the mind fresh.
Flipper
ChezDaJez

RE: How similar is it?

Post by ChezDaJez »

The overall economy has been tweaked but the underlying principles of managing Japan's economy between stock and AE are the same. The difference is that there are more devices to manage and it is also easier to crash the economy if you try to build everything at once. You are going to have to make choices... just as the Japanese did IRL.

The Japanese player must also keep the flow of resources going in order to maintain production just as in stock. Failure to do so will certainly bring about an early "game over" feeling. This in return gives the Allied player much greater incentive to interdict that flow of resources and will force Japan to pay much more attention to the safety of those resources.

For example, the are far more engine types to build and it will require much closer attention to ensure the engine you are building is the right type engine for a particular plane. Build to many of one type and you may find yourself without sufficent factories to build engines for that new super plane.

Chez
Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”