Safety

Post bug reports, ask for tech support and general requests for help with getting Maximum-Football working in this forum. This is for official support on official versions. Reports based on public beta versions should go in the Public Beta forum.

Moderator: David Winter

simmer

Safety

Post by simmer »

I noticed that when playing amateur rules and a safety occurs, the team does a kickoff. I believe that team should punt? I know that the NFL rules apply to a punt after a safety.
David Winter

RE: Safety

Post by David Winter »

"After a safety, the team that gave up the points kicks off to the other team from its own 20-yard line (in American football) or 35-yard line (in Canadian football.) This is termed a free kick: the kicking team has the option of employing a punt, a drop kick, or a place kick from a teammate's hold. Unlike the kickoff, a kicking tee may not be used. A punt is the most commonly chosen option, whereas a drop kick is virtually unheard-of in modern football."

For sake of simplicity (and really doesn't detriment the game play), Maximum-Football puts the ball on a tee and just processes the standard kick off.

thanks
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
therhino

Post by therhino »

That makes sense. I know I have seen the ball kicked off the tee before in the NCAA I think. Anyway thanks for the explanation.
TheRhino
simmer

Post by simmer »

I understand I just needed clarification, thanks
OB Potter

Post by OB Potter »

Drop Kick. We need to have drop kicking in Maximum football.

Return to “Maximum-Football Support”