So what is everyone's gaming $$ being alloted towards?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

cdbeck

So what is everyone's gaming $$ being alloted towards?

Post by cdbeck »

Well, with it now being summer and some of the more major releases either behind us or in front of us, I was wondering what people were now allotting their near future gaming $$ towards. What future release have you pre-ordered or intend to buy upon release? What do you have your credit card on stand-by for and why?

Me, I have a few things I am pretty excited about:

Spore - I think this is going to be as fun and revolutionary as The Sims (and even The Sims 2) was. The creature creator is already a blast and the sheer scope of the game is massive, being able to bring your creature from a single cell to a might empire and a space faring civilization. And the customization itself is a game, from creating your creature to designing buildings and vehicles. This one is going to be great and I have it preordered!

Multiwinia - Introversion's multiplayer version of the sleeper hit Darwinia. I think this will be a cross between Defcon's multiplay and Darwinia's fun retro gameplay. Should be pretty good!

Lock n' Load - The videos look great and the system seems solid. People are saying it is the Squad Leader of our time. Not sure if this is a "soon" release though.

War in America - This AGEOD release looks pretty tempting, and they have added lots to the BoA engine. I'm not as excited about this as Vainglory of Nations, but Vainglory is still more than six months away.

Well, what about you all?

SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Arctic Blast

RE: So what is everyone's gaming $$ being alloted towards?

Post by Arctic Blast »

The new, upcoming Draft Day Sports : Baseball and DDS : Football games from Wolverine. It'd be nice to see some more good sports sims appear on the market. Competition is king! Jagged Alliance 3...although the first gameplay video hardly blew me out of the water...but the previous games were good. I still have yet to pick up Ninja Gaiden 2 for my 360, so I'll count that. Mercenaries 2...the first was a blast, so hopefully the sequel lives up to it. I'll second Spore...certainly has big possibilities. And, having enjoyed Fantasy Wars (basically remake of Fantasy General), I'm hoping the remake of King's Bounty is fun, too.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky and Fallout 3 are the two new releases I'm really looking forward to, together with BftB.    I'll certainly be getting Multiwinia, too.
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

For me:CM:SF marines,FIFA 09,Command and conquer red alert 3,and the other two games of the Airborne Assault series.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

Unfortunately for me there are no computer games on the horizon that I'm interested in buying. I have tons that I hardly get a chance to play so I'll just get back to those when I can.

What I have been spending money on is collecting out of print Eagle board games. I was able to buy a copy of 'Conquest of the Empire' brand new and just won an auction on Ebay for 'The American Civil War' unpunched. If you are not familiar with these games they are the ones that use area movement and have huge (46"x36") colorful game boards and lots of detailed plastic miniatures playing pieces. The last one I need to find is the 'Napoleon in Europe' game. Don't know if I'll ever play them but I like having them just for the collecting appreciation. They are really beautiful games.

Yeah, this is probably OT but that's where my gaming $$'s has gone.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
panzers

Post by panzers »

no brainer. The mother of all wargames coming out this December: WiF. All my gaming of every type immediately stops upon that release.
panzers

Post by panzers »

ORIGINAL: Dave Briggs

Unfortunately for me there are no computer games on the horizon that I'm interested in buying. I have tons that I hardly get a chance to play so I'll just get back to those when I can.

What I have been spending money on is collecting out of print Eagle board games. I was able to buy a copy of 'Conquest of the Empire' brand new and just won an auction on Ebay for 'The American Civil War' unpunched. If you are not familiar with these games they are the ones that use area movement and have huge (46"x36") colorful game boards and lots of detailed plastic miniatures playing pieces. The last one I need to find is the 'Napoleon in Europe' game. Don't know if I'll ever play them but I like having them just for the collecting appreciation. They are really beautiful games.

My sentiments exactly. It's a damn shame that they went out of business because I think they were making the best games of all.
Gem35

Post by Gem35 »

I wish I had extra money for games but besides waiting for WitP expansion Admiral's Edition, I don't have much extra cash to purchase any more games at this time.[:(]
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

The next game I plan on buying is Gary Grigsby's War Between the States. Somewhere down the road is Civilization IV: Colonization. As to what PC games I purchase between those two, I haven't decided yet.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Some good picks so far! Speaking of, when does Jagged Alliance 3 release?

WBTS is like the a cross between WitP and GG:W@W. Lots of complexity under a very nice and simple UI. Not quite as cumbersome as AACW, but with loads to do. I am still slowly easing my way into it.

Yeah, Fallout 3 is on my list too, but it releases quite a bit in the future. I think Starcraft 2 will make it this year, but who can know?

SoM

RedArgo

Post by RedArgo »

I'm waiting for COG: Emperor's Edition and maybe Carrier Force. My kids just got a DS so I also might pick something up for that, like Warlords maybe when it comes out.

I have (beta tested) GG WBTS and it is good and I not too long ago I got Sword of the Stars, which I haven't played a lot, but seems to be good.

There just aren't enough hours in the day to balance everything I want to do. If only I didn't have to sleep.

Bill
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

was wondering what people were now allotting their near future gaming $$ towards

I’m spending my disposable income at the pump ………………………[:D]

JK, WITP/Admiral's Edition will be my next purchase [;)]
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Classic BattleTech is still on my list, and will remain there long into the future [:D]
To give you idea what rulebooks are to be expected in the near future:
Tactical Operations Manual
Strategic Operations Manual
Interstellar Operations Manual
RPG 4th Edition
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Grell

Post by Grell »

Well I own a billion Matrix games I am now catching up with HPS games.

Regards,

Greg
andym

Post by andym »

Silent hunter 3 &4 ,a decent Battle of britain sim something to really stretch my new alienware area 51 laptop!
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

I have quite a few on my radar:

CIV IV: Colonization
King's Bounty
Horse & Musket 3
Drakensang
Commander: Napoleon at War
Crown of Glory 2
Les Grognards
Jagged Alliance 3-if it is ever released[:(]
Vainglory of Nations
Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods
Combined Arms-if it is ever released[:(]
Far Cry 2
Empire: Total War

That should hold me for quite a bit.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

Hey Arinvald, I think I saw you over on the Drakensang forums. Who knows when that one is going to hit North America!

SoM

SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

Carrier Force...............[8D]
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

I think I'm gonna plunk down some dosh on GMT's Combat Commander...
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Monkeys Brain

Post by Monkeys Brain »

ORIGINAL: Dave Briggs

LOL Too bad I had Napoleon in Europe and sold it very cheaply to my friend.

Return to “General Discussion”