1.03 UPDATE update.

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Jason Petho

1.03 UPDATE update.

Post by Jason Petho »

Good day all

I still need a few more days to finish up with the posted, requested corrections. Real life is getting in the way.

Target is Monday for the Official Release!

Jason Petho
1925frank

RE: 1.03 UPDATE update.

Post by 1925frank »

Thanks, Jason.  You're amazing!
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

Whoooo Hoooooo!  [&o]
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
camz

Post by camz »

are we still on target?
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Unfortunately, no.

Will have to be next week for two reasons:

1. The programmer hasn't got a hold of me to fix two issues only he can fix.

2. The Matrix crew is going to Origins this week.

Means the official 1.03 UPDATE will have to be released next Monday.

In the meantime, I am starting on updating the Japanese Order of Battles.

Jason Petho
osiris_slith

Post by osiris_slith »

Hi Jason

Thanks for all the great work! Like I said before I dont mind waiting for a great product and from what I hear this will be a fun patch to have! Again thank you for all the hard to you and your team.

I do have one question:

In 1.02 there are no new Russian Guard units above company level. One has to use the old OBs (TS and Blitz update disk OBs) for Russian Guard units company, battalion, Brigade, Regiment and Corps. Are Russian guard units now included in the new OBs (1.02-1.03) all the way to Corp level..

Osiris
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: osiris

Are Russian guard units now included in the new OBs (1.02-1.03) all the way to Corp level..

Yes, yes there are!

Jason Petho
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
dgk196

Post by dgk196 »

Oh, that Monday..........

Have a good time......... I used to go to them until they moved them to the middle-east, I mean the mid-west.........

Dennis [;)]
Geomitrak

Post by Geomitrak »

No rush as far as I'm concerned; its ready when its ready. I'm having enough fun with 1.02 as it is. [;)]

Regards

Paul
dgk196

Post by dgk196 »

One day to go, can't wait!

Dennis [:)]
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

I'm sending it tomorrow sometime, so should be ready tomorrow or the following day, assuming all is well at Matrix.

Jason Petho
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Well,

It is done, but a minor issue.

With the Matrix website update/upgrade I have lost my access to the FTP site to load the 1.03 UPDATE.

Once this is remedied, it will be loaded, compiled and released.

With the additional time:

1. Started on revising the Japanese Order of Battles. This is merely a drop in the ocean, so don't expect much.

2. Added some additional 3D graphics that were provided by Ladmo. Thank you, they are utterly gorgeous!

3. The variable visibility has been modified; hopefully everyone will be happy now.

4. The assault rules have been modified; disrupt, surround capture will not always work

5. Numerous platoon file adjustments based on the requests from users (huge thank to juggalo and cw58)

Manual edits were not completed. These will be saved for the 1.04 UPDATE.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

How does variable visibility work now?
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

"Never tell" as in "it'll be out soon," or "never tell" as in "The secret dies with me."  [:D]

Seriously, I liked that feature in a game I recently played.  However, I could see where a player or designer wouldn't necessarily want it in every scneario.  On a clear day, I wouldn't expect to see changes in visibility, especially over a couple-hour period.  On a rainy, snowy, or foggy day, I could see numerous changes in visibility over very short time periods.  I saw where others, in a different thread, had a number of suggestions about ceilings and floors.  At any rate, I look forward to the official patch.  Thanks again. 
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Good times, good times.

I believe the variable visibility has been limited to the center spectrum of the visibility ranges between 5 and 15 or something, and even then at a less variance as before.

Jason Petho
MrRoadrunner

Post by MrRoadrunner »

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Good times, good times.

I believe the variable visibility has been limited to the center spectrum of the visibility ranges between 5 and 15 or something, and even then at a less variance as before.

Jason Petho

[&o] Sounds good. You had me worried there for a bit. [8|]

Good going! [8D]
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
TAIL GUNNER

Post by TAIL GUNNER »

5. Numerous platoon file adjustments based on the requests from users (huge thank to juggalo and cw58)

Manual edits were not completed. These will be saved for the 1.04 UPDATE.

My fellow Californian deserves 95% of the credit....I just checked the purdy pictures...[8D]

And speaking of manual edits....I was looking in the manual last night trying to find that magical key combination for star shells (can never remember that one[:o])....but it's not in there....

ChadG
"If you want peace, prepare for war."
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Weren't star shells always in the special rules for Rising Sun?  Along with the discussion on caves and banzai charges?  Are they no longer there? 

Regarding the manual, for the names on the map, you push the shift key, but the old manuals didn't tell you how to keep the names on the map.  Isn't that shift and tab?  I don't know if the new manual covers that.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”