CFL and David is the PC Football King

Anything that comes to mind that you would like to see in future versions of Maximum-Football.

Moderator: David Winter

wheeljack12

CFL and David is the PC Football King

Post by wheeljack12 »

1. David can now be crowned PC football king with EA's Madden backing out of the pc Market.

2. David (and Matrix also), have you considered demoing the Game to (some at least) owners/commissioner of the CFL? Maybe see if they would give you licensing rights for a expansion pack? The key word is give a license here, not have you pay (or pay a ridiculous amount for one for it.) Meaning modeled stadiums, up to date rosters (meaning they get updated too during the CFL season),etc. I know the game has most of the tools in place in the game to customize a CFL league but it would be fitting that a Canadian would be the one to get a CFL Game. The CFL's younger fans and gamers alike need a game they can connect with in regards with the CFL. I mean that is what Madden is for in regards to the NFL. It's gives the NFLer a connection to their sport. It was really cool when you demoed at Ivor Wynne stadium a few years back just before the labour day game. Just something to think about David.
therhino

RE: CFL and David is the PC Football King

Post by therhino »

That would be great. I would love to see Maximum Football get any license, but a CFL would be fine as long as it helps the game sell. I think it would though since there is no other current CFL game.
BravesFan
garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

David will have to chime in on #2, but I think he may have already gone down that road. But the CFL license is (much like the NFL license), prohibitively expensive.
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Never gonna happen

would be way to expensive
and a little whisper tells me

the CFL are already looking at the gaming world
with the plan of selling the CFL license to a software company capable of doing (in there words) the job right

What exactly that means.......who knows
and when will it happen.....again, who knows

Mykal
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

The CFL (meaning various people in the league and team offices) and I have had discussions. I don't think that's much of a secret. Obviously everyone saw the Ivor Wynne Stadium display on the new bigscreen. I'd say I have a good knowledge of what the league would like. I'd like to see a CFL title done too, but there are a number of challenges to overcome to make it happen.
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

nope never saw no displays on anyones big screens David
just keep my ear close to the ground listening for rumbles
especially when there's Football involved[;)]

Mykal
therhino

Post by therhino »

ORIGINAL: David Winter
Obviously everyone saw the Ivor Wynne Stadium display on the new bigscreen.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please explain? I guess since they don't put many CFL games on tv in the US and I haven't been to Canada a 8 years that's why.
TheRhino
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

Oh.. okay.

A couple of years ago I was contacted by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats when they were looking for some pregame events for the annual labour day game. They wanted to set up a booth outside the stadium where people could play the game head to head arcade style. They gave me a one day license to use the league, Tiger-Cat, and Argonaut marks for the purpose of the game. I also built an Ivor Wynne Stadium model specifically for the purpose. Two or three weeks before the game, the team reps saw the results and decided to put the game up on their new big screen instead of just the little booth outside the stadium. This was with version 1 DX8 graphics and front end, I'd think it would be much nicer now with the new front end and in game graphics.

I was sent some photos of the event but I'm not sure what I have done with them. I'll see if I can dig them up.

"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
therhino

Post by therhino »

Thats really cool. Thanks for telling us that. I know at MLB games they often have a game setup, but I didn't know they had ever done it with MaxFB. I wish they would do it again with MaxFB 2.2x but, it's amazing they did that much.
TheRhino
garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

David, how was the game received by the crowd? Did Hamilton win the Max game [:)]
therhino

Post by therhino »

I was wondering that Gary and I would also love to see some pics.
TheRhino
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Yep my interest in the Tiger Cats sometimes pays........

Cant belive no one else knew, Im from england man ya know
were was all you canadians ??????? [:D][:D][:D].

Mykal
Tbird

Post by Tbird »

I don't think it was ever mentioned in these forums

only in Dave's old Forums
Brockleigh

Post by Brockleigh »

That's be kinda cool to have that happen again for this Labour Day Classic. I know there was a little bit of a buzz about the game being played on the Tiger-Vision at the time. If I remember correctly, they even mentioned it on the CBC broadcast before the 3rd quarter started.

It could be me and... I dunno... CFL_FAN_7, even though he hasn't posted on this board in a long time (I don't know any other Argos fans on this forum. Not that it's a problem) going head-to-head on the Tiger-Vision at Halftime.

Then, once I wax him in from of 28,500 people, I can brag about it ad nauseum on this forum. I'm sure everyone will love that.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Oh yer man

Go........Go.............Go............. Brockleigh Tiger-Cats

Return to “Suggestions / Wishlist”