Important Safety Tip!

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Barthheart

Important Safety Tip!

Post by Barthheart »

Some of my Russian troops are cutoff, thanks Dave, and I wanted to air supply them. But since their HQ was eliminated, thanks again Dave, they had a supply request of 0 (zero). So when I flew the air supply mission it gave me the message "Units in this area cannot be given more supply". I didn't understand so sent the turn to Vic as possible bug.

No luck, it's working as designed. Units must have supply request to get air supply. Units without HQ have no supply request, even if they are at 0 supply. Therefore units without HQ cannot be air supplied.

Moral: Always give units an HQ, even when they are cutoff.[:-]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Jeffrey H.

RE: Important Safety Tip!

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Kind of odd.....the starving guys wave off air transports loaded with supplies because the paperwork isn't there ?
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
SSFSX17

Post by SSFSX17 »

I think it's more like, the air transports loaded with supplies saw that the poor starving lads below did not have their papers in order, and simply turned around and flew away. All kinds of strange things happened during the WW2 era because of beauracracy.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name
Vic

Post by Vic »

The buraucracy will allow you though to give only 1 of your encircled units a HQ so that he will take all dropped supplies (instead of sharing them)

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Daniel_machinegun

Post by Daniel_machinegun »

Without HQ there is no organization, supplies go all over the field and get captured by the enemy, and cannot be properly stocked. Because without HQ, Formations are not aware from any supply comming.

Without HQ there is not even a line of communication with Berlin, so nobody ask supplies, and Berlin have not a real knowledge of the situation... UNTIL pocketed army reorganizes

---------
About gameplay, guys this game Advanced Tactics is the first game introducing a very solid SUPPLY Model and CHAIN OF COMMAND. The whole game models the importance of these two things, that are in fact OF MOST IMPORTANCE IN THE REAL ARMY. No other game had this feature, not even TOAW

If Vic let you supply units without a proper chain of command, then we must go play another game.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

...time to from up in Kampfgruppen and make our way West !
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”