Need help with Jap industry

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

drizzt73

Need help with Jap industry

Post by drizzt73 »

Hi all, I have owned WITP for quite a while now and understand the basics. I have only played Allies till now and want to start with the challenge of the Japanese. I am hoping for someone to give a tutorial /explanation on how to understand the numbers in the Jap industry/production. I have done the the tutorial and read some of the FAQ and beginners guides but I really want to know how to do the number crunching. I downloaded the WITP tracker tool and it looks like it will be very useful but I still want to understand what the numbers mean and how to read it. Sorry but I am a bit of a doofus in that regard.

Any help appreciated.
dennishe

RE: Need help with Jap industry

Post by dennishe »

have you taken a look in the must read thread?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1274014

n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Yes, I agree read all the "must read" threads

I plan on doing a tutorial for WitpTracker ... but until then you can look here for explanation using tracker ...
tm.asp?m=1653188&mpage=18&key= (about page 18 onward ... ) And John's AAR is a great read anyway!
or
put up some screen shots, and plenty of people will give you some help.

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

As has been said, please read the threads. Japanese production/industry is a nightmare trying to get it run at its full potential particularly by using the in game info. Witptracker helps no end.

Basically factory production comes from HI, HI needs oil and resources too produce.

To get you going open tracker, select Industry and sort by Oil +/- days. You’ll see how many days of HI production you have in a region (inf = infinity). You can do the same thing with Res +/- days. Keep this above 0 days in both cases and the undamaged HI in the region will be producing at it full capacity. Also use the Witp Chart and Global tabs.

Hope it helps, but read the threads.

Attachments
industry.jpg
industry.jpg (188.3 KiB) Viewed 40 times
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

I keep being amazed by the tracker, next time I play a PBEM as the Japanese I will certainly use it........

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Me too.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”