Unsinkable ships

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

dennishe

Unsinkable ships

Post by dennishe »

I have a problem in one of my games. I play as the Allies. Below is the combat report. When I look at my orders file, all by BBs and CAs are perfectly fine. I think something is seriously wrong here. The Warspite was confirmed sunk in the combat report and undamaged in the file where I have to give my orders. Does anybody know what is going on here? This is the second day in a row this happens. We are still playing the 1.804 version (is it solved if we upgrade to 1.806?).

Day Air attack on TF, near Sabang at 19,41

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 21
A6M3a Zero x 34
G4M1 Betty x 73

Allied aircraft
Wildcat V x 35

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 3 destroyed, 1 damaged
A6M3a Zero: 4 destroyed
G4M1 Betty: 10 destroyed, 53 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
Wildcat V: 18 destroyed

Allied Ships
BB Warspite, Torpedo hits 6, on fire, heavy damage
BB Revenge, Torpedo hits 4, on fire
BB Ramilles
CA Frobisher, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
BB Royal Sovereign, Torpedo hits 2, on fire
Panther Bait

RE: Unsinkable ships

Post by Panther Bait »

Sounds like the game has become unsynched.  It happens.  Have the Japanese player send a copy of his combatreport.txt file.  It should have the correct information.  Don't worry the Japanese combat report does not have any Japanese confidential information.  If his combat report is differnet from yours, than the combat replay has become unsynched.

If you search the forum, you can find some supposed causes, and some potential fixes.
When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

Sync bug?
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
dennishe

Post by dennishe »

Thanks. Now I know where to look...
Knavey

Post by Knavey »

And remember...everything that happens in a sync bugged game COULD have actually happened you just got lucky on the dice rolls that turn.  I recommend a high speed exit from the area for your Brits.
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"
dennishe

Post by dennishe »

It was a sync bug. The Japanese player didn't see my BBs get hurt. Yes, I move them out. I quickly took Sabang by suprise with a lot of force including a CV TF and a BB TF. Casualties were calculated. Don't care about a few BBs, but it is nice that I can save them now. I now have a few divisions at Sabang and a lot of engineers and fighters. Soon I will have a level 6 airport there close to a lot of nice targets. It is August 1943 by the way....

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”