Pak 36 mobility?

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
massimorocca

Pak 36 mobility?

Post by massimorocca »

Hi I found that this tube hasn't move order, while the 75/15, more or less same weight (430 vs 400 kg) could be moved and rushed. Any ww2 fan saw many images of the pak pushed or trained by the crew on the battlefield. Is this a mistake or a deliberate decision?
Thanks
massimorocca

RE: Pak 36 mobility?

Post by massimorocca »

[&:] Interesting. No answers. So it's happened only to me?[:(]
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

All AT guns were originally designed on the vehicle module. They were immobile vehicles. The new mobile guns in PCK are based on the infantry model. The difference is the vehicle model guns have locations and are affected by AP as well as HE shells.

The infantry model guns do not have locations and are affected by HE and small arms but not AP shells.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Massimo,

It was a deliberate decision, but one that's planned to be revisited for the next release when we plan to allow towing of guns and movement by crews of all light guns on the larger maps. Most of the AT Guns were not very mobile on their own, but you're right that the PaK 36 is an exception.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
433tom

Post by 433tom »

You really should consider allowing both Infantry and AT guns to mount/unmount trucks. You could place a turn penalty on the mount/unmount command to simulate the time it takes to break down and set up the gun.
massimorocca

Post by massimorocca »

Hi Erik, thanks. Understood
Redleg

Post by Redleg »

Massimo:  Have you tried using the Infantry Guns as a substitute for the AT?  I recently killed 6 light tanks and armored cars with a pair of IGs and a section of 50mm mortars.... These will move and the mortars can use trucks.

I messed around for a while attempting to create a light AT on the base of the Infantry Gun but finally gave up.  The short barrel just didn't look right and the longer barreled AT guns wouldn't work.... so I decided to use the stock IGs and 50mm mortars.  I'll bet the German IGs and mortars will be even better than the Russian ones.

massimorocca

Post by massimorocca »

Hi Redleg, yes I saw the 75 Ig very useful in antitank role. I just played a scen where there are 2 of them and 4 pak 50, but the real AT due to the deployment on the map was more or less out of the real fight ground. The IG with the heat shell did magnificently stopping cold a full t34 platoon and wreaking the t60 like tin cans. In a self made scenario the choice would be obvious, but in the canned one and in the campaign generator ......

BTW I'm still playing your scenarios in the dear,old Spwaw. Please would you transfer some of them in the new baby?

all the best

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”